The new Cartoon Network

I watched half of an episode :sweat_smile:

I already said I plan to watch it. (After I finish kill la kill, finish re-watching the last airbender, and watch yugioh gx)

Ive only seen one clip of Steven Universe.

2 Likes

I lost faith after they squandered the Lich and Prismo.

3 Likes

Hi guys, welcome to Kamen Rider.

Also, Uncle Grandpa and Gumball need to die in a hole.

OTGW is where it’s at folks.
Also Regular Show.
That’s kinda good also.

Yet to see SU.

4 Likes

Uncle Graqndpa is indeed stupid.

Super duper watch Steven Universe.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, bro. None of this is canon anyway.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t watch Uncle Grandpa myself, but I thought the crossover was quite fun in a meta way.
It was a nice way of mixing things up for one episode, and it definitely went above expectations.
And as @Nyran said, it wasn’t even canon.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the crossover, sans the actual character of Uncle Grandpa himself.

1 Like

I didn’t mind it all too much myself, but it wasn’t very good nonetheless.
The humour was a bit off and it just felt misplaced.

I think it was genius. A perfect way to make a fun episode full of references to fan things (like canon, ships, gemsonas, Pizza Steven…)

6 Likes

What’s all this blasphemy in the name of Uncle Grandpa? Atone for your sins!

Actually if you ask me, the childrens cartoon industry is in sort of an upswing right now. People have started to realize it in the past year or so. There are more creative better animated more humorous shows and a lot of the ones mentioned above are doing very well and new shows like Lakewood Plaza Turbo are on the way, some promising pilots like Twelve forever too. I think that slapstick shows like TeenTitansGo are going to subside slightly in the next few years but that’s just an educated guess.

3 Likes

I tend to not watch many shows at all. I have seen a few episodes of Teen Titans go…

…Not…My…Thing…

1 Like

Not any fan of the original Teen Titans’ thing.

all Superheroes are

[quote=“RaptorTalon, post:53, topic:8384”]
…Not…My…Thing…
[/quote]well that’s another person I don’t have to ask who’s side he’ll be on in civil war

to keep this on topic, I like some of the shows on new cartoon network but it’s bleh for the most part

1 Like

The people who work on Teen Titans Go are definitely aware of the outlook old fans have on this show. They’re just having fun with it despite all of the negative and caustic (heheh) commentary everyone has. They even made an episode addressing the issue that also served as a quasi Young Justice crossover.

A similar thing happened with the people who made on the LoonyToons spinoff Loonatics Unleashed (try to wrap your head around that one) Recently people have brought it to light and started a trend of ripping on it mainly because of the absurdity of its existence. Some people who worked on it were offended to say the least and called out all the antagonizers. They said that they admitted that the main Idea for it was non sequiter but they still worked really hard on it and made the best of the situation and how bogus it was that all these people who have never made a cartoon in their life felt they could spit on their effort.

Moral of the story is there are actual human beings that make TTG. The original series had a good five season run which is very fortunate for any series. Slapstick humor is just a popular trend right now. There are plans to have more Teen Titans shows in the future anyway.

5 Likes

It’s undeniable that there are people of talent working on shows like TTG, Uncle Grandpa, and the aforementioned Loonatics Unleashed, but that still doesn’t excuse them from making a fundamentally bad show.

True, a lot of the people making snarky comments on the show have little to no idea what it takes to produce a work of animation, but that still doesn’t mean their criticisms and critique can be discredited because of that. Although they may not know much of the animation industry, they regardless have experience with other shows, and what made them better than the common crowd.

The problem with TTG and its slapstick humour is that it’s all incredibly cheap and easy to do. Shows like it have very little if any substance at all, and take a very minimal amount of effort to conjure up. There may be actual people working on them, but there are actual people working on everything. And some of them, a la the original Teen Titans, are produced with exponentially more substance and depth behind them.

It isn’t that Teen Titans Go is bad at what it does, quite to the contrary, in fact. Teen Titans Go manages to be relatively humourous, but what sets it back from its predecessors are the core elements upon which it is built off of.

3 Likes

I don’t hate it because of what Teen Titans was. I hate it because it’s an awful show that relies on stupid humor and the disfigurement of its characters. So basically the same reasons I hate modern SpongeBob.

1 Like

Also something to mention is that the networks themselves have a lot of influence on what kind of approach shows take to try to get the attention of the audience. Often times they’ll manipulate and distort the product so that it is characterized by what they believe is popular, in this case slapstick, and the content creator doesn’t really get a say in that very often. Most of the time these business minded decisions end up backfiring but nothing seems to have changed yet.