The Nexo Knights Topic

Yeah, it sounds cool. I’ve been wanting CCBS knight armor for a while.

Stupid Chima constraction sets not being released in North America…

6 Likes

I’m certain that he’s all over it. XD

Dude, Creepy Clowns are a staple of things, and a Dark Magic Jester could turn out really cool, IMO

Like, 3 cornered hat and stuff

And he could be just a lackey, and not the true big bad.

You’re darn right I am.

This is the only topic not made by me I’ve ever set to “Watching”

11 Likes

Ooh, good idea…

wait Nyran

by the off chance they make a character similar to yours(appearance or story-wise)

what will your reaction be?

I believe there’s a word out there called “squee” as it’s referred to on TVTropes.

That word basically sums up my potential reaction

8 Likes

I can see it working out potentially, but I’ve only really liked that archetype and style of character design once, and that was Heath Ledger’s Joker. Just a matter of personal preference; I’m more a fan of all-powerful forces of darkness, particularly the ones that manifest as big scary dragons and similar things.(This is why I’m such a big fan of The Overlord in Ninjago)

The other thing is that they could really easily goof it up if this gets a TV show. We’ve seen how it is when we don’t have solid antagonists for the first wave; it’s ugly. That was one of the biggest issues with Chima.

That’s pretty likely, if not certainly the case. Regardless, sounds like he could end up being the first wave baddie.

Of course I’m overreacting for the sake of discussion, but still.

2 Likes

Honestly, this seems overdone.

Vladek, Teridax mostly, Darkitect, Antimatter, Overlord, etc.

Personally I’m ready for something new, and I highly doubt that it’ll end up like Chima’s first season because while he clearly isn’t a Big Bad, he’s still a Bad, and a definitively Antagonistic force.

My personal speculation is that he’s serving a darker master of course, and mayhaps that dark master has an entire court making up minor villains, henchmen, and generals and such.

5 Likes

Oh, it’s most certainly overdone; I’m just a huge sucker for it. XD

My biggest doubts lay in that he’s a jester and I can’t help but think they’ll try and force humor on an already puppet type villain. Could end up like Chen(which would be fantastic), but Chen was already behind everything and clearly competent. If they try and make him out to be all threatening at first and then beat him around for laughs like they did with Cragger, I… Just no.

2 Likes

On the flipside, his being a jester could make him especially Sadistic, which I would totes be down to clown with.

3 Likes

Hm

I know the trope’s been used

but what if he’s a sad Jester, who is kicked out by the king, but is then recruited by a rebel force, gets powerful and is upgraded(assuming they’re like Bionicle-HF biomechanical) or gets a power boost and leads the first charge?

I would assume they are knights in robot armor, not actually robots.

Weren’t the Hero’s completely robotic?

1 Like

Well then he’d basically be a carbon copy Lord Vladek. Just replace Jester with Royal Adviser.

It would still be fun though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As long as its better than the last clown CCBS set we got, I’ll probably like it :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

When did we get leaks for Chima? It’ll be around that time, if not then there’ll be plenty of teasers to understand what the sets will be like… I hope.

1 Like

My major worry is that we won’t get any dragons in this series, despite it being a medieval inspired setting(■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ or not).

This fear stems from the vast quantity of dragons Ninjago has churned out and will likely continue to churn out.

4 in 2011, 1 in 2012, 1 in 2013, 1 in 2014, and 3 in 2015(not counting the smaller ghost dragons and wyverns), with a supposed 2 confirmed for 2016.

5 Likes

I believe, it depends on the dragon - whether it would be normal lego mixed with some moveable joints like the Ninjago dragons, or whether it would be completely CCBS like Dragon Bolt. Given the line is seemingly split 50/50 we could end up getting a CCBS Dragon or maybe a different type of dragon to what Ninjago does.

I think there is a possibility it could happen, even though Ninjago has done a dragon every year they’ve been popular enough to continue to make sets based around dragons. Though sounds like it’ll be kept to robotic horses, launchers and catapults in this first wave.

2 Likes

RIP ME
NEVER GOT THIS NOTIFICATION

Let us go there :slight_smile:

I want jester
to be like kefka from FF6

UPDATE
http://www.rockraidersunited.com/uploads/monthly_2015_08/large.Q61GYii.png.5098cf865987866ebd26df47ec9ff39c.png

17 Likes