The "Which sets should I get?" topic

I actually think Lewa Uniter Makes a good parts pack

@Political_Slime @OculusNuva thanks for showing me all pros and cons of both sets, you really helped me to see both the good and bad of each set.

I was originally going to go with Lance vs Lighting, however after seeing season 3 of the show I’m more inclined to get the Three Brothers, just for “story relevance”. I might get the LvsL set in the future though, as I really like it too.

2 Likes

Is this topic resctricted to Lego?

Looks like it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks Eljay :stuck_out_tongue:

When I saw the Ninjago Movie set pictures I immediately fell in love with the Green Ninja Mech Dragon set, I knew I had to get it. But as time went on another set grew on me, The Lightning Jet. And now that I have the money to buy 1 of them I can’t decide which one. Here is my reasoning:

The Green Ninja Mech Dragon is a fantastic set, it simply looks great and is propably the best ever dragon from the Ninjago line. It has (in my opinion) great minifigures, the 3 most important to me being : Lloyd, Garmadon and Master Wu (the set also features the laser pointer). Since I’ll be buying the Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon in a few months these minifigures are a major reason why I want to buy the dragon (with the temple and this set I would have all of the main characters (All of the ninjas, Garmadon and Master Wu)).

And now, The Lightning Jet
At first I really didn’t like this set, I thought it looked awkward and just weird. But as time went on I started liking it more and more. This set became my favourite ninja vehicle (from the movie). I love the design, it looks amazing, it’s unique, and it’s nothing like I’ve ever seen from Ninjago (and I was a fan from the very beginning in 2011). This set doesn’t have a lot of play functions, but that’s not a problem for me, I actually prefer if a set has less functions but looks better. It also features 3 unique minifigures (Ed, Edna and Krusty). And Jay is also my favourite ninja : P.

Overall the Green Ninja Mech Dragon has a cool design and great minifigures while the Lightning Jet has (in my opinion) an amazing design and slightly worse minifigure selection.
So? Which set should I buy ?
(oh, and excuse me for my bad English : P)

Personally, I’d go with the Mech Dragon.

1 Like

Dragon mech all The way

1 Like

I’d say you should get the mech dragon.

Which D2C set should I get?

• Palace Cinema
  • Detective’s Office
  • Perisian Restaurant
  • Brick Bank
  • Old Fishing Store
  • Slave 1

I’m not planning on getting something over $200, but if I do, which one?

• Ninjago City
  • Assembly Square

I really enjoy the city, but parts of the square look nicer to me. Then again, the city looks nice from all areas, while the square, not as much.

1 Like

For the $150-$200 sets, I would recommend the Parisian Restaurant. It’s just a superbly done building, with the ornate decorations and really nice color scheme.

As for the $200+ range, Ninjago City is just too perfect to pass on. If it’s not the most thought out set ever conceived by TLG, it’s definitely in the top three.

1 Like

Which Toa Metru is the best? Unfortunately, I got into Bionicle too late to see the Metru on shelves.

Aren’t they all the same?

As @Ninja said they are pretty much clone sets. At that point the only difference are the weapons and masks, so I would pick one according to those parts.

I prefer matau

1 Like

@Miraku @Ninja

I’m asking which one you like the best.

@PotatoAlien Matau is the best due to his dual function swords.

2 Likes

The Great Mahiki is my favourite mask, and additionally, Matau looks really nice with his swords stored on his back, and he’s fun to swoosh with the wings out. Vakama’s jet pack is similar in that regard. Onewa is also very nice.

1 Like

Vakama, with his disk launcher on his back. It can be a jet pack or create an aura around his mask.

1 Like

Just got Matau for roughly $6 off of Bricklink, which is less than his retail price.

That’s why I love Bricklink.

1 Like