THQ Nickelodeon Game Re-releases Confirmed

To anyone who enjoyed Nickelodeon in the 90’s and early 2000’s, this is for you.
Full list of shows with upcoming game re-releases:

Back at the Barnyard
Catscratch
Danny Phantom
El Tigre
Invader Zim
Jimmy Neutron
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Rocket Power
Rocko’s Modern Life
Rugrats
SpongeBob SquarePants
Tak and the Power of JuJu
The Fairly OddParents (US only)
The Ren & Stimpy Show
The Wild Thornberrys

This is all coming out for physical and digital releases on current gen consoles, thanks to THQ Nordic. No specifics on which games yet, but assume the most popular ones like Battle for Bikini Bottom and some Nicktoons stuff.

Get hyped for Lights Camera Pants Online.

3 Likes

ima just grab the avatar games

How many of those games are…you know, good?

I’m asking since the only nick-based game I’ve played is I think Lights Camera Pants back in the day.

With something aimed towards kids like Nickelodeon some of these games are bound to just be crappy cash grabs.

I remember playing Nicktoons Unite back in the day, and looking back it reminds me of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, which considering Nicktoons Unite came first, I guess All 4 One reminds me of Nicktoons Unite. Although, I played it back when I didn’t understand how to make sure a game saved properly, or maybe I just hit “new game” every time. In any case, I never got past the Bikini Bottom area. So…

I’m pretty sure it falls into this category. The Barnyard game is pretty much babies first RPG, in which you got to make your own cow and play through the movie’s story. The graphics certainly weren’t great, but, then again, it was a PS2 game. Had an annoyingly timed golf mini-game that was required to pass certain levels. Pretty sure we only got to about half-way through the moovie because of that (sorry I had to).

I don’t think I’d pick up any of these games again.

To be honest, a lot of these games aren’t very good by our standards.
But it’s still way better than having kids play crappy Frozen and Spiderman dentist games or infinite clickers.

It might also be a way to test interest in Nick’s cancelled shows.

I don’t want a Jimmy Neutron reboot if they start thinking of bringing back old shows. After the disaster that was Planet Sheen, I don’t think I trust the writers over there (I also haven’t watched Nick since 2013, so I have no idea what the writing quality is like anymore). Here’s an idea: remaster the old episodes like they’re remastering these games, because the CG in that show hasn’t aged very well…

I’d certainly give remastered CG Jimmy a watch.

2 Likes

I liked planet sheen