Toa Ahkmou And Toa Orkahm, Warriors Of Metru Nui

:expressionless: Many of those parts don’t come in Mata Green.

5 Likes

to add to that, Orkahm is not even mata green

5 Likes

Have you ever heard of, making new designs @HK-47

who the heck puts in the effort to reproduce items, much less the metru pieces, in new colors with expensive 3d printing?! You’re crazy to think we have such luxary

Query: Making new designs of what, exactly? The Metru Green works just fine, especially for a character from 2004, which, may I remind you, introduced the color and the base build.

5 Likes

Saw these on your Flickr, they look great! I like Ahkmou’s hammer.

3 Likes

Thanks a ton everyone! Also, these MOCs just made it to the Hot Topics bar. This community is so great. :smiley:

Hmmm, you’re probably on to something. I’ll have to try those colours at some point. That being said, I do love me my dark/Metru colours. Also, perhaps I didn’t make it clear at the beginning: this is a revamp, thus it had to retain certain elements from the original character. Got it? :smiley:

@HK-47, @JMP, I understand that you guys are trying to help and I appreciate it, but we don’t need to escalate this any further, alright? Thanks. :smile:

3 Likes

noice

1 Like

I don’t think he should change Orkham’s primary color scheme. It’s kind of like making a Toa Hafu, and making him completely Mata brown.

5 Likes

I got to admit Ahkmou and Orkham look great.
Are you going to do more of the Metru Matoran?

1 Like

I’d really love to make more. I’ve got two more metru-toran masks, I just need more Toa Metru parts in the appropriate style.

Do you guys want to see a full Toa team with these characters?

7 Likes

4 Likes

Yes! I love the Metru build.

2 Likes

@legomaster1378 i like them a lot and they work very well for their idea, if i had to improve something it would just be to get the great kanohi (instead of the noble kanohi) and paint them the appropriate colour, in order to make them more accurate, but thats just me nitpicking. great designs, i like that you kept the metru build and didnt make a custom torso because these are the toa metru, i find that really cool. 10/10 they look awesome and i want them on my shelf

1 Like

Thanks a bunch for the compliments and feedback. You’ve got a point about the iffy canonciality of the noble masks. That being said, my aim with these figures was really to retain/convey the Matoran characters in Tos bodies. Plus, painting blended masks like that seems ludicrously difficult to get right.

yeah i mean painting a great hau brown as oppose to its trans-blue will look crappy, but i mean a green matatu would look pretty neat, which i think ill try out myself. The powerless kanohi that you used works out cuz we know orkham and ahkmou are the only wearers of that mask in that blended colour, so it helps show us who the character is, but if you are aiming for canonically accurate definitely paint the masks

1 Like

Take another look at the introductory paragraph. :wink:

The backstory for these figures break Canon in so many ways, there’s a reason I put them in an alternate universe.

yeah i see it, well then i like your alternate universe. i think im gonna build these guys and put them on my shelf if you dont mind.

2 Likes

Not at all! Imitation is the highest form of flattery. I’m looking forward to seeing pics.

alright then ill make sure to post them, (once i buy the pieces i need off of bricklink). so it may take a while but i definitely will.

1 Like