Toa Ahkmou And Toa Orkahm, Warriors Of Metru Nui

Metru Nui has been plunged into darkness. The city’s once grand streets are now battlegrounds for war between Dark Hunter agents with their armies of Visorak and the Toa Guardians. These Toa – once battle-hardened Matoran – have been transformed by Toa Stones into fierce and merciless warriors. Having long ago abandoned the code that once governed their brotherhood, they now command fear and respect in Toa-controlled sectors of Metru Nui and mercilessly execute any potential Dark Hunter sympathizers among the Matoran populace. Hardened by years of brutal combat, these Toa have fashioned deadlier weapons for themselves and wear heavier armour impervious to Visorak pincers.

These two all started when I looked at the Metru Matoran’s blended masks and thought “these would look pretty cool on figures with some silver accents”. Using the Metru-Build as a base, I began playing around with colours and a backstory formed itself almost naturally. I began to imagine what would happen if Metru Nui was caught in a massive war in which the six 2004 Matoran were called to become Toa in warrior roles. Pulling from their canon personalities, it seemed only logical that these new Toa would become ruthless dictators over their Matoran subjects.

With Toa Ahkmou, I went for a shorter, stockier build and chose a weapon that fit that architype. Since the character’s most defining feature was his mask, I attempted to carry the same aesthetic throughout the figure via rounded parts such as the Nuva shoulder pads.

Both Toa are armed with disc launchers as callbacks to their appearances in the 2004 set lineup.

Here’s look closer look at the hammer head. I’m very pleased with the way this weapon turned out. However, I may end up lengthening the shaft in the future.

For Orkahm’s reimagining I went with a lankier gorilla-style build that reflects his nature as a Toa of Air/Le-Matoran. Again, I attempted to replicate the mask’s overall shaping by using pieces like the Pohatu Nuva claws, Takanuva staff blades and TECHNIC air intakes (here used as leg armour).

The wrist-blades (aside from being some of the coolest weapons I’ve ever put on one of my MOCs both in terms of look and function) allow for much greater poseability then Ahkmou’s hammer. Unfortunately, the Metru-Build’s limited shoulder articulation does hamper movement somewhat.

I’d eventually like to create warrior Toa versions of all the 2004 Matoran. In order to maintain a cohesive team aesthetic I’ve implemented a torso design that attempts to evoke the style of the original Mata torso piece.

Toa Ohkrum’s shoulder armour is rather unorthodox and makes use of a couple illegal/frowned upon techniques.

As always, comment and critique are greatly appreciated. These two Toa, while relatively simple, are some of my favourite MOCs I’ve made. That being said, there’s always room for improvement. =)

Merry Christmas everyone! :smiley:

54 Likes

s/o to Akhmou the traitor

Pretty much. It may not make perfect sense, but Ahkmou - along with the rest of the Matoran who knew the location of the great discs - always seemed a little crooked to me. It makes me wonder: in this situation, would Ahkmou betray the rest of the Toa to the Dark Hunters, à-la classic G1? Or would he not want to since he relishes his position of power over the Matoran?

Either way, I look forward to getting the parts to complete the rest of the Toa team. Any thoughts on the MOCs themselves?

Apologies to all the early viewers. I’ve been having some formating issues. Should be all fixed now.

1 Like

Pretty good, I like the simian proportions you gave Orkahm and the burly nature of Ahkmou. That hammer design is cool as well.

1 Like

These are pretty amazing, Legomaster. I love the detail on these guys and their weapons. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like them, they’re very well-armored Metru!

I love Ahkmou’s hammer! Well done!

1 Like

These are cool!
I always like it when people do these kind of mocs. An original take on classic builds is always cool to see.

1 Like

I’m really digging the 2015 CCBS piston piece as chest armor, it looks really good. That is also a pretty sweet hammer.

2 Likes

I love the design of Ahkmou’s hammer!

The MOCs are pretty cool too!

1 Like

I really like Ahkmou’s hammer.

1 Like

Pros are 2 points and cons are -1 points
Because of this topic displaying 2 mocs, i will rate them individually

Ahkmou
Pros
Nice color scheme
Not basic toa metru design in ways
Its hammer time
Mask works well with rest of build

Cons
Storyline doesnt work as makuta i belive cannot create toa. Got to look that ip on wiki

Overall… 7
Simplistic build is only reason for lower score. Great job

Ohkrum
Pros
Awesome name
Color scheme is cool
Ezio ish arms are cool
Color scheme gives an cyborgish feel
Only green kanoka disks are cool in my opinion

Cons
Mask is a little too bulky. I recomend the akaku if u want a mask style like that
Might need change in color scheme to mata green

Overall… 8
Higher that ahkmou. Just switch the etru green for mata green ok

1 Like

…there’s none of those type of pieces in Mata Green, They used Toa stones, and there’s no mention of makuta. Also these are the '04 Metrutoran as Toa

3 Likes

Cool. I like them, they look nice, even if they’re quite top-heavy, with all that bulk.

1 Like

Well, you guys really seem to like that hammer, eh? Do you think I should lengthen the shaft/pole? Because right now it’s pretty difficult to pose him with it.

Thanks a bunch man!

Thanks guys! I really tried to emulate a medieval knight’s armor with these two figures. Looks like it worked!

Thanks! I’ve got several more on the way. :smiley:

What @JMP said. =)

Uh…how does the Akaku have the same style? :stuck_out_tongue:

The mask is kinda the most important part of the build. It’s the most defining feature of the Matoran version of the character so it was an essential element to carry over.

Might I ask why?

3 Likes

These are amazing. I love Orkahm’s arm blades, and I really like the whole “Toa Metru Nuva” look you have here. :smile:

1 Like

really really good. good job there

1 Like

these are great, love the weapons and color schemes on them

1 Like

Great mocs!

Akhmou has Toa powers now? We’re all doomed!

1 Like

Beautifully schnazzy.

1 Like

Mata green is more vibrant and really brings out the siver like in lewa nuva. I think it could also benefit this moc in many ways