Toa Mahri Matoro Revamp (UPDATED)

Taking into account the critisism the original version recieved, I made some changes.

And here’s an obligatory Ignika shot.
Here’s the original for reference:

57 Likes

I think you should beef up his arms a little. He looks slightly skimpy there IMO. Otherwise, very nice.

4 Likes

The silver Hydraxon/Kalmah armor piece looks a little bit odd. Doesn’t really flow too well with the chest. At least, from a front view. I suggest a silver Takadox armor piece instead, if possible.

3 Likes

I really like the build. It flows well and looks great. However, I think you should add an accent color like like blue to break up the white, grays, and black. I also think you could slightly bulk up the shoulders, but other than those two things, I’m really impressed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I’m going to see what I can do about beefing up the arms and/or adding shoulder armor.
@DarkHunterTalon Unfortunately I don’t have any of those.
@Rocka99 That may be hard to do, because none of the bones I used have a light blue variant. I can try to add some transparant blue greebles to go with the breathing tube, though.

3 Likes

It’s pretty good! It just doesn’t really fell like he’s matoro.

1 Like

Thanks! Would you care to elaborate on why he doesn’t feel like Matoro?

He just doesn’t give me the underwater kind of vibe the set did. Maybe it’s the lack of blue or something. He just looks more like a spy or scout.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Looks like he really needs some blue.

2 Likes

That’s true about the bones. I think the greebles as you suggested would do nicely for this MOC.

2 Likes

… I’ll take it from here…

I really appreciate how vastly different from the original it is, it’s very creative! I especially like the arm and leg designs.

3 Likes

[quote=“Altair, post:11, topic:39485”]
… I’ll take it from here…
[/quote] Heck yeah!

[quote=“Altair, post:11, topic:39485”]
I really appreciate how vastly different from the original it is, it’s very creative! I especially like the arm and leg designs.
[/quote] Thank you!

2 Likes

I dont know why but this matoro just seems smaller. I dont know why…

I dont have the real set built, but I’m pretty sure this one is slightly taller. The shoulders are less broad though, could that be it?

Also to anyone who still cares, working on a solution for adding blue.

1 Like

Maybe. It is still a good moc though.

2 Likes

gimme that gold Ignika pls
Looks good! I would agree with some of the above comments, namely he needs wider/more armored shoulders (to better match Matoro Mahri’s silhouette) as well as some kind of blue to keep the original color scheme, since the lack of blue makes the set look a little too bland, IMO.

2 Likes

It’s only missing one thing, a cordak blaster (you’d probably have to build up a grip on the blaster for him to hold it or mount it on his arm). Also the claws feel a bit too short IMO

2 Likes

I’ve updated the top post with pictures of the new version![quote=“wheatley1138, post:17, topic:39485”]
It’s only missing one thing, a cordak blaster
[/quote]
Not anymore… sort of.:smiley:

2 Likes

Much better man. Loving the blue.

1 Like

Much better now! This looks really great!

1 Like