Toa Minifig Masks

I have to say, I do like this concept. Someone else already has a full body version of this drawn with the mask looking similar except that one has the bottom of the back cover unlike this one.(Tahu Minifigure - Brickonicle Concept Art - #37 by BioToa7) I actually have started modeling that Tahu minifig mask but I may try modeling this in the future

Edit
I didn’t realize it until a minute or so after uploading this post that you also created the other tahu minifig concept. I’m honestly excited for when you upload the minifig mask for Kopaka; he has been my favorite bionicle character for as long as I can remember

1 Like

Great job, I love it! The only complaint I have concerns the tribal paint. While the idea itself is definitely a good one, the splattered look just doesn’t do it for me. I think it should be a bit cleaner and not all in one place if that makes sense. Or maybe it’s just the way it looks without the rest of the body for reference.

Either way, it’s awesome. I was a big fan of your initial art, and this gets me hyped to see what your other mask designs end up looking like. Keep up the amazing work!

3 Likes

The tribal prints look more like a splash of water tbh. I would recommend having it flow around the mask as opposed to having just a splotch of colour on the forehead

2 Likes

Once again, another excellent batch of drawings.

As others have said, the only thing that is off is the tribal markings; they look too haphazard.

1 Like

Significant improvement, excited to see your take on the rest of the masks.

I am intrigued.

2 Likes

Good puns sir, good puns.

3 Likes

I like the look of this.

The tribal markings look a little odd in their appearance, as others have said, but the concept and overall design of the mask and head printing were well executed.

I like this a lot, although maybe the tribal markings should be a maroon color because as the others have said it looks like water splashes. Other than that I don’t have much else to say, except what did you use to make this?

Ha, I was wondering if someone would think that. Also, let me know if you ever upload the model to shapeways or any similar site so I can buy it.

Hmm, well that was subconcious. I seriously didn’t notice.

And thanks evreyone. I’ll keep on uploading the new masks and making changes if I can. I already changed a bit of Tahu.

3 Likes

I can definitely do that. It might take a couple days or so to model it correctly(because I have school) and then more time to make it be able to work like a regular minifig helmet

Hmm, I think I might be able to make some of these using minifig helmets as a base

Gali’s looks fine, except it kind of looks like a mustache. Not saying it needs a do-over, just pointing that out. Then again, not sure how you avoid that kind of thing when you have to leave the minifig’s mouth exposed.

Gali is pretty neat too, keep up the good work!

I love all of these and think they’re great except the mouths always really annoy me Would definetly love G3 minifigures in this style.

1 Like

I definitely like the redone tribal paint on Tahu. Not sure if it’s what I’d personally consider the best (the circles seem a little to “soft” compared to the sharp edges), but it’s better than what was done before.

And Gali looks great! I love the visor idea. Though, and maybe it’s just me, something about the face feels a little too masculine. I like how it looks without the mask on, but the eye slits conceal the eyebrows and you lose some of that emotion. I understand the slits can’t be larger without increasing fragility, though, so it’s not a big deal…

1 Like

@Ragdoll would you prefer this Tahu mask over the other one you created for the full body version of a Tahu minifigure?

Sketched some ideas down on paper, everything else is from Adobe Illustrator.

Yeah, I’ts supposed to be more of a nose-piece helmet thing, but I 100% get what you’re saying. I feel like it looks more like a mustache on Tahu though. Oh well.[quote=“BioToa7, post:18, topic:34701”]
would you prefer this Tahu mask over the other one you created for the full body version of a Tahu minifigure?
[/quote]

_Personall_y I’d prefer this version, but whatever’s easier I guess.

You could make them about the same as the HF minifigs, who didn’t seem to suffer from Iron Man syndrome while still retaining detail.

1 Like

nice looks good