Toa Minifig Masks

nice looks good

I think the problem with the miru is that it’s too much like g1, whereas the others take inspiration from the previous masks but are still their own thing, I think if you took a bit more inspiration from the other miru designs it would flow with the others better.

That said, no complaints for the other masks.

I have a thought; how do you feel about Minifigure heads on these bodies?

8 Likes

Huh, those are really interesting designs. I really like the builds, especially the use of the rings for their shoulders and how you made Kopaka Nuva’s shield. That being said, I do have a few issues. They mostly stem from me being a bit of a perfectionist and are really minimal and nitpicky, but I think it’s good to give feedback:

• Gali doesn’t need the parts that connect the picks and her hands
  • Pohatu could do without the chain and could instead have his upside-down torso and something extra on his feet
  • Onua could use the wolverine claw pieces, and it would look really cool if he had his head lowered (although I understand that would be really hard using minifig heads, maybe with a black neck brace or something)
  • Tahu Nuva has the same issue as Gali, get rid of those old gun parts, a lightsaber hand would look better
  • Pohatu Nuva could do without the chain and handles on his weapons and, again, have an upside down torso
  • Lewa’s swords could be those LOTR Uruk-Hai swords (the straight ones)
  • Finally, maybe try to add some of the dual-functions to the Toa Nuva’s weapons, specifically Tahu, Gali, Lewa, and Onua
1 Like

All of these masks have been amazing, but especially that Miru. I was wondering how you would solve that issue, and I can’t argue with what I’m seeing here.

Gali and Onua also have really great designs. Overall, I’ve been really happy with your designs and will definitely consider your designs when finishing up the final product.

ps: I hate any robot minifigures, just based on how they look conceptually. Printing is king.

3 Likes

Why does Lewa have a big nose in the printing?

Aside from that the mask itself is fantastic, and the absence of detail doesn’t bother me the slightest!

Lewa’s mask is fantastic, man.

I remember back to one of the old videos, I believe it was Bionicle Autopsy, that they said that the fans should not be handed over the Bionicle brand, but now I think they could. With the price of 3D printing going down, more people are able to start printing their own items.

I just wanted to mention that, just came to my mind. How does this have to do with this topic? Producing and making the masks, which I plan to model the masks first and then put them on shapeways so everyone can have them.

I had simply though it would be cool to rework Gali’s hooks into hooked Tonfa

Yes, I agree Pohatu needs those foot pieces, although I personally like him having nunchuks

I actually tried the wolverine claws, but they were too small by comparison

I actually changed Tahu’s swords into Lihkan’s old Shield/Hoverboard/Sword weapon. The gun pieces are more or less how they connect [though you do need another piece]

Aagin, I figured it would be cool to convert Pohatu’s tools into nunchucks

Interesting idea about the swords

They actually DO have weapon-functions

[Also Takanuva is just there because I wanted to see what his original set form looked like in this minifigure style, he doesn’t have a weapon function]

2 Likes

Oh, that’s really awesome! I had seen the functions for Onua and Kopaka. Maybe for pohatu you could use some Lamp Holders and some 1x1 plates to make his boots. The only problem with that is he might be too tall.

That flip-down visor on Gali is genius. I’m loving all of these soooo much!

Gali: I really like her visor and how the whole thing looks when it’s down
Onua: Mask looks very armors and earthlike, nice
Lewa: He’s good but he feels very simplistic (and smooth as you questioned), it does look better though with the tribal markings
Pohatu: 10/10, even better with the tribal markings
That’s all

Oh my word Pohatu is amazing.

Hmm, you could probably modify one of the new Nexo Knights helmets to make that Pohatu mask.

Every update to the OP makes me want to like it again. Pohatu’s “angry face” feels exactly like the kind of face he’d make when he’s trying to be intimidating. Like, he’s clearly trying to look fierce, but he’s just incapable of pulling it off because deep down, he’s just a precious cinnamon roll. I love it.

1 Like

That sentence is my favorite thing I’ve ever read.

2 Likes

`He really is, hes kinda like Elliot from QC if you’ve ever read that

Wow that Pohatu mask is probably my favorite of the bunch!
Can’t wait for Kopaka.

Hmm, those cheek vents on the kakama should wrap around more than they do, looks kinda weird as is.

Seriously,

5 Likes