Transformers: Salvation

Blight watches the speech from far away. “Cursed traffic. I’m always late.”

On the other side of the crowd, Caedia too arrives late. Not so much because she was busy, but because she hated being on time.

Pixel scurries through the gathering, sliding and weaving between feet. “Can’t- see!”

1 Like

Song watched the Autobot leader excited and respectful as she and her brother were approaching the podium.

“I am the one who told him to say this!”
“Yes, Captain. Yes.”

“Oh now they are meaningless after five hundred of years they are now meaningless, yeah give me a break.” Paradox scoffed.
Magnobolt shd him. “Not now alright?” he asked.
Paradox rolled his optics. “You’re the boss.”

However besides Paradox, more or less the team of Titan Squadron felt moved by Ultra Magnus’s words of wisdom. Perhaps for a brief moment, they thought about going back to their normal lives but then they snapped back to reality and saw the cold-hearted truth in front of them…they were Decepticons for life…since they sworn allegiances to that cause.

“It would be so easy to end it all. I have a clear shot. . . no one can see me. . . one pull of the trigger, and all this fighting would stop. No false ‘cease-fire’. . .just one dead Autobot and it would all be over”

Flareshot raises his rifle, and puts Ultra Magnus’ head square in his crosshairs. He waits for the perfect moment to strike.

Torchwing listened to his commander’s words with a booming sense of pride and patriotism. He couldn’t wait to get a start on this grand mission to save their wolrd.

“…That being,” Magnus continues, “our very survival. Our fate, as a species. Certainly not the best of circumstances…”

“…But that fate is still in our hands,” Magnus continues after a brief pause. “All of you here have been selected because you represent the absolute best of our kind. It is to you that every spark has entrusted this momentous burden, for you are the only ones who can even stand a chance at shouldering it…”

A firm hand rests on Flareshot’s shoulder.

“Helluva view from up here, huh?” comments a voice.

3 Likes

“There are two types of people in this universe, I’ve realized,” Blight comments to himself. “The jerks who ruin everything, and the janitors who have to clean it all up.”

Yeah. That’s right. One of the best! Broadwing didn’t even know what he was worried about. At the end of the day everyone here was just a bot trying to save their home. This was going to go just fine.

“Oh our leader has such a marvelous way with words.”
Torchwing said happily, though mostly to himself.

“See? See?” Song told his brother like a young child.
“Shh!” Gronius whispered.

“I couldn’t say it any better!” Redstocker said. “Right, Mr. Alterion?”
“Right, Captain Redstocker.” Alterion said, rolling his eyes.

“Well I never thought he thought so highly of us…or me…” Paradox softens.
“Oh is that happening? Paradox expressing his feelings?” Sidewire joked.
Paradox grabbed Sidewire’s finger and twisted it a little, Sidewire was about to yell but he placed his hand on his mouth.
“Easy now, okay?” Sidestrike asked.
Paradox released his grip on Sidestwire’s finger. “Aw…” Sidewire spoke in pain.
Paradox grinned and chuckled as he was amused by Sidewire’s way of dealing with pain.
The Titan Squadron listened to Magnus.

“Who in the pits of kaon are you?!?”
Flareshot turns around rapidly

The voice belonged to a large, broad-shouldered bot with black armor decorated with crimson flame decals. He takes a step backand offers his hand.

“Name’s Halfrunner,” he introduces himself with a smile. “What’s yours?”

“…Tomorrow morning, Salvation will depart for unknown space, in pursuit of the Omega Lock. I know not what awaits you there- what dangers you will face, or what trials you will have to overcome. I can only hope that Omega Lock, whatever it is, is out there. And if it is, I know that you will bring it home. Good luck to you- all of you. 'Til all are one.”

Ultra Magnus concludes his speech as the spaceport erupts into thunderous applause and cheers. Megatron even joins in, clapping slowly.

4 Likes

Songs started clapping energetically with all four of her hands. Gronius smiled.
“Till all are one.” he muttered.

“Great speech!” Alterion said, smiling.
“Wait, where are we going to stay till tomorrow?” Redstocker asked, ignoring the cheers around him.

Flareshot introduces himself trepidatiously
“Flareshot”

Flareshot shakes Halfrunner’s hand.
He discreetly pulls out his energon dagger, holding it in such a way so Halfrunner (probably) won’t notice it,

The Titan Squadron noded and gave Ultra Magnus a respectable applause.
“Yeah, till all are one, brothers.” Sidewire said jumping in hugging his brethren.
They enjoyed it and they hugged each other back via a brotherly huge.

Torchwing applauded and wiped away a tear from his optic.

“Magnificent! Simply magnificent!”

“Yeah! That’s right! I’m gonna help save the world!”
Broadwing shouted. Completely caught up in his own self hype.

“I can win! I feel great! I. Can. Do. This!!!”
Broadwing shouted. Though in his excitement he let go of his perch by accident, and fell on top of Wildsong and Gronius.

1 Like

Both yelled as a huge mass felt right on top of them.
“Song? Song?! Are you all right?!” Gronius yelled as he tried to get Broadwing off him.
“I can’t see!” Song said, not realising that she was right under Broadwing’s wing, making total darkness around her optics.
“Stay there! I’ll come and save you!”
Redstocker, who was close by, started laughing wildly when he saw the incident.

“Nice to meet ya!” Halfrunner responds.

“So, you goin’ on the fetchquest to save the world, too?” he asks.

In droves, the crowd begins to leave the spaceport. Many were on their way to Iacon, while others were headed elsewhere on Cybertron to spend what would be their last night on the planet for a long time. Others still would be taking advantage of the space-bridge network’s near-instantaneous travel to visit the nine colonies. Only Junkion did not have a space bridge, but a transport shuttle with a good Quantum Drive could get you there in just a few hours’ time.

Ironsight, watching from a balcony adjacent to the one Flareshot and Halfrunner were on, eyes Broadwing falling on Gronius and Wildsong in complete apathy.

Broadwing transformed to robot mode.

“Sorry! Sorry sorry sorry. That was completely my fault. I should have been more careful. Please don’t hate me.”
He said hastily. His booming self confidence had all but vanished entirely.

1 Like