Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

“Who said I believed in fighting some tyrant? There’s always another one around the corner. A few hundred years, and the next one will pop up. Autobots or Deceptions. Besides, It’s not like I had an especial choice in the matter, I just followed my boss.”

“In your dreams. Come on, let’s see what the newbie is doing.”

“You’re missing the point! It’s about being willing to stand up against something what you know is wrong. A perfect example being how, until the new guys showed up, I’ve seemingly been the only one who’s thought getting out of this slave prison was a good idea.”

Maximus was currently being repaired in the medical bay, while Axis was walking back to the commons with Hotshot and Juliana.

Backbreaker leans against a wall.

I couldn’t,” he says. “I don’t know slag about colonizing planets, unless it involves some beating-the-tar-outta-bots component I’m unaware of.”

“…On second thought, that is required sometimes, isn’t it? Heh, maybe I could be a pioneer after all…”

OOC: other than Gronius, who tried and almost succeeded so many times that he drove himself crazy. See TPC chapter 2

“Dead?” Gronius proudly exclaimed, making sure that his voice echoed through the room, trying to also make Cyclonus chuckle.

“I was only 40! What did I know of ‘the greater good!’, and for your information, I’d love to get out of here, but you’ve got be subtle. A straight up revolt is not going to get us anywhere! They have every advantage, and what would have to do, is take that advantage away. Until we figure out how to do that, I’m gonna keep doing what I’ve always done here, survive!”

“I gotta admit, I might have given up on getting out a long time ago, but it’s still hard not to think about you know? Could we ever really go back to a life outside of the arena?”

“Heheheheh. Nah. You know how good or medic is. He’ll survive. Hopefully this’ll teach him a lesson though.”

Axis heard what Gronius had said, but ignored it.

“You can try to be subtle all you want, but in the mean time, I’m the only one making an effort!”

“Will both of you shut up!”
Axis shouted, now at her wits end. She was already stressed out over her best friend being in critical condition, and this arguing was going nothing to help.

“You’re right, we’re idiots, and I’m sorry. We shouldn’t be quarreling while your friend is hurt.”

“I’ve spent my whole life in an arena, Demolishor,” Backbreaker says.

“Only difference is this one won’t let me leave when the fight’s over.”

1 Like

Axis sat against the wall, burying her face in her knees.
“I don’t know what’s going on, and I don’t care. I just want to get my friend, find our ship, and go home.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.”
Demolishor shook his head.
“Oh what am I even talking about. I’m starting to sound like Hotshot.”

“Easier said than done.”

“What a shame!” Gronius exclaimed. “Me and my pal Cyclonus over here were really wondering if it’s the case to dig yet another grave for an unfortunate that died at Grimlock’s hands! It would only be like the 60th-70th. Maybe one of those small wholes in the walls, but when I say small I really mean it, so that his head would stick out of the wall so that we can see it getting rotten as a constant reminder that, in fact, it is not a good idea to fight Grimlock and that no arguments can justify such foolishness. Hotshot, Juliana.” he then saluted the two with a small bow of his head.
He was trying to show as much respect as possible for his character to all the fembots in the arena, Juliana especially, as they were one of the last things that were truly reminding him of the life he had back on Cybertron. Hotshot was annoying, but he was seeing a capable soldier in him and, why not, maybe a future member of his gang.

Juliana shook her head, unimpressed.

Brunt followed the group back to wherever they were.
“So uh. Escaping?” He asked, as he tuned into the conversation.

Spotlight scanned the group, his head swiveling side to side.
“Escape is… an unlikely possibility.” He muttered quietly to himself.

1 Like

“Oh, come on miss sunshine, rise up and do your thing!” Gronius cheered in his sadistic, yet charming tone. “I am only here to look at the condition of the new kid on the block, and that’s it. You just know me!”

“I also know you are a nutjob who enjoys this pointless fighting.” She deadpans.

Gronius laughed, as if Juliana told one of his favourite jokes.
“My lady, out of all the people of this arena, you should have been one of those who actually were there to understand my character arc, but if not, let me tell it again: there are two kinds of people. There are the weak ones, who either hide in the shadows of the tribunes in hope of never being picked for a fight, or that purposely loose fights so that they can’t be put in the big leagues, or there are the strong ones, who actually get used to the fighting and go on to make a life out of them. Quite literally actually. I am part of the latter ones.”

“But not impossible.”
Hotshot sat down next to Axis.
“Don’t worry. We’ll get you out of here. No matter what it takes.”

Axis then began to get very angry hearing the way Gronius was talking about what happened to Maximus. Very clearly furious, but keeping quiet.

Spotlight stepped forwards.
“Fighting is not the way out.” He said to Gronius, his voice flat and monotonous.
“We must escape using other methods.”

“I’ll do what I can as well. I can’t guarantee it’ll help, but I’ll do what I can to prepare you.”

“There is a difference between getting used to something, and enjoying it.”

1 Like