Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

“An old friend, one very dear to me… he… he died. He died trying to escape and those two are going to go the same way if they don’t wise up! Why can’t people understand that trying to escape only leads to heartbreak and pain!” Juliana began ranting, getting riled up, “The only way we are getting out of here is with outside help! Even then, are we sure we want to escape! For all we know there could be something worse out there, we could be escaping from one predator right into the jaws of another! At least here we know who our enemies are, and how to live! So No! I will not help any escapes, and I want no part of it!”

Backbreaker sighs.

“Look,” he says to Hot Shot, “the plan is to get everybody involved, remember? That’s not gonna happen if we shout down everybody who isn’t immediately… what’s the word?.. Uh, receptive.”

Oddball nods his head.

Oh. Wa-woo-do-boop.

“Oh. Yeah, that could work.”

“We’ve been trying to jurry-rig a holo-console to play with, but haven’t gotten it working just yet.”

“We could just talk to each other.”
Ramjet suggested.
“Despite coexisting for a long time, we know very little about one another.”

Axis was quiet for a while, mulling over her thoughts, thinking of what to say.
“Juliana, I understand where you’re coming from.”
She said. Very quiet and calmly.
“I’m sorry that you lost someone close to you. As you remember, just a few days ago, I felt like I might loose someone I care about also. But this… Being here, trapped like scraplets and forced to fight for amusement. It’s no way to live. You can’t let fear of what might happen keep you from working towards a better future.”
Axis paused as she again collected her thoughts.
“Maximus has family waiting for him out there. I know he comes off as optimistic and childish, but I know that deep down he’s probably terrified he’ll never be able to see the ones he cares about. I don’t know about you, but that right there, just the thought of my closest friend being reunited with his loved ones after all this torture… That’s something worth fighting for. And I’m going to fight for it as hard as I can. If you don’t want to fight, that’s your decision. No one can make you. But please, don’t let your fear be what’s holding you back.”

“There’s a difference between being unreceptive and unwilling. If she’s not even going to consider than what’s the point?”

Maximus walked back to the console and started prepping up a new simulation.

Wait. You’re going again? The last fight wasn’t too tough, I’ll admit. But don’t you think you should rest first?

"While I appreciate the concern Nebual, I’ve had a long couple of days, and I really need to blow off some steam. And if fighting the figurative demon of my people is what works, as it seams to have, then it’s what I’m gonna do.

He found the desired preset, and selected it.

TM Megatron
Skill level: 9
Defeats: 19
Victories: 25

A large figure materialized behind him, and Maximus turned to face it. His face stern with a cold determination.

1 Like

“You guys may have something to live for, but I don’t! I’ve lived my whole life here! I have no connections to the outside! The only person who could have possibly mattered is my cousin, and Laslow died before I was ever brought here! I have no desire to escape, because I have no reason to! I’ve lived several milion years here, and I’ll live a few more! I’m not going to risk what life I had on a gamble that I will never benefit from!” Juliana answered, getting more and more upset.

“But don’t you want something better?”
Axis said, keeping her calm and composed tone.
“If you’re worried about not having anywhere to go, you could always stay with us, or your other friends when they get out.”
Axis suggested.
“I’m afraid I can’t relate exactly to what you’ve been through. You’ve been here longer than I’ve been alive. But believe me when I say the universe outside of this place is nothing to be afraid of.”

“What if I don’t want to give up what I have here?” She asked, “At least here, I have everything I’ll need, even if it’s a bit spartan! Do you know how carefully I’ve cultivated this position? Not causing too much trouble, but causing just enough to stay inconspicuous? Throwing fights to stay in the third tier, yet winning enough to stay on top of the heap? Winning favors from others for music to listen to?” she gestured to a stack of music in various mediums. “and to throw all that away for what? a chance at a better life? A life that could as easily be as bad as or evem worse than what I have now? A life that may not even come at all if we fail, and my millennias of hard work shattered?”

Axis sighed. She was rapidly losing patience, and decided to end things here. She could always come back and try again. When she spoke it was still with her usual composure, but it was clearly strained to a small extent.
“Alright. Fine. But please, don’t stop others from trying. You may not have people waiting for you out there, but a lot of us do.”

With that she stood up and started walking out.

“You are a fool to challenge me.”
It said.
“Now you shall suffer the consequences.”

Immediately it grabbed Maximus with it’s claw arm and threw him down. It lifted it’s foot to stomp on the predacon, but he quickly rolled out of the way, narrowly avoiding the attack.

“Axis, wait…” She said before axis could leave.

The avian maximal stopped and turned around.

“Yes?”

Juliana had a sad, yet pleading look on her face.

“Please don’t think to badly of me. I have more reasons than I’ve given here, ones I don’t feel comfortable articulating. Also, don’t worry about me stopping you, I’ll help in what ways I can. I’ve been here forever, I’ve known, or at least made myself known to almost everyone here, from the bottom to the top. If you need connections, I have them, and I’ll help you get together, but I won’t be investing myself into this. Think of me as a resource, not an ally. Don’t expect me come with you.”

1 Like

Axis smiled.

“Thank you. I’m sure you’re help will be appreciated.”

With that she walked out, and approached Hotshot and Backbreaker.

“And that is how it’s done.”
She said with a distinct level of confident sass.

@Chromeharpoon

“Whir, whir whir whirm crink. Whir whir.” “Come on, we can use the training simulator to make a better visual presentation. Plus stats to play with.”

Tie-Grabber starts heading for that area.

“I should be able to help with that.”

Machbreaker looks around, trying to see what he can do to get it to work. Or what he needs to make one.

“Very well, anything in particular? Have you thought of any plans if we ever escape?”

Three controllers made from scrap lay on the ground, plugged into one of the walls. There was an open panel near them with a chaotic mess of split wires, as well as a holographic projector they stole from the forge.

“Escape has always been Nebula’s thing. Our focus has been on just surviving.”
Ramjet replied.
@ajtazt

Backbreaker rolls his eyes and groans.

Oddball scampers after him.

“But seriously, she’s willing to help. She says she doesn’t want to be involved directly, but she has connections that she’s willing to use for us.”
Axis said in a more serious tone.

That wasn’t exactly what Backbreaker wanted, but it was good enough; beggars couldn’t be choosers, after all.

“Did she say what those ‘connections’ were?” he asks Axis.

“Sort of? She said she knew just about everybody on some level or another. So take that for what you will.”

“better than nothing,” Backbreaker sighs.

“By the way, if you guys are planning an escape, count me in. I’ll do whatever I can to help.”
Axis offered.
@Chromeharpoon

Machbreaker thinks it over and starts taking it apart to better make sense of the wires. Once he has everything straightened out and organized, he starts configuring it. He occasionally races out and grabs a couple of other scraps to piece it together.

“Right,” Railgun replied, not surprised. “So when did you get here again? You reported to Tidal Wave, was he not with him when taken?”

When they enter the training room, they find Maximus with Nebula fighting a Megatron simulation.

“Whir. Whir wher whir.” “Oh. I guess we get a show first.”