Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Part II

The NPCs gather around the memorial Salvage had put together, waiting patiently.

“Shall I begin?”

“Whenever you’re ready,” Daybreak says.

Whetstone nods and takes a breath.

“Today, we gather to celebrate the life of my dear friend Treadfin. Scourge, the 5th herald, killed him. Treadfin did not deserve this death. However, we should still remember him, and keep his memory alive.” Whetstone pauses to let this sink in, and continues. “Treadfin invented a device that kept one’s age the same over an extremely long period of time. Due to this, he encountered many events that even the oldest of us were not around for. I can only speak about the recent events that he went through. Treadfin was kind and a technological genius. He was rash and hot-headed. He often jumped into action without thinking or a plan. Nevertheless, he was still a good Cybertronian. The fact that he helped us as much as he could should show everyone here-” at this, Whetstone looked around at all the present people, “- what a true help should be. He literally gave his life for our cause. I only wish that I could have the strength to do the same, and maybe even take Scourge out with me. That’s what Treadfin would have wanted. However, I knew it was not my time. Treadfin needs someone to carry on his legacy, to pass his story down to the newly built bots. Plus, I daresay you all need some help with your weapons. At least, you need an expert. In any case, I could not do what Treadfin wanted. I think that we should honor him not by following in his footsteps, but continue with our mission, and to give it our all. Thank you.”
Whetstone turned off the datapad and looked at the assembly of bots through misty optics.

ooc: let me know if you actually read through all that.

5 Likes

Those assembled are obviously moved by the words.

“That was nice,” Nightfall quietly compliments.

“Well said,” adds Liege Maximo.

2 Likes

Whetstone smiled gratefully and stepped away from the memorial to look out the window. “Salvage? If you may?”

Kladi was exploring the ship

Salvage turns to fire the foldspace warheads, however Teletraan Iota beats him to it. In quick succession the four missiles fly out in front of the bridge, propelled by jets of plasma. One-by-one they detonate, once they were far enough away from the ship, creating momentary tears into Transwarp space that cast a bright glow of cool colors through the viewport, illuminating the bridge with many shades of blue, purple, and green.

“Till all are one,” Daybreak quietly recites. The words are repeated by Nightfall, Beta Maxx, the junk duo, and lastly Liege Maximo.

2 Likes

“Till all are one.” Whetstone repeats.

1 Like

A map of the ship appears on another console; Treadfin’s hab-suite was highlighted in blue.

“What’s that?” Asked Whetstone .

“I don’t know,” Daybreak admits, curious.

Seraphicon watches the memorial service on a console.

Ichor and kladi unaware of the funeral kept about their typical business

Whetstone walks over to the console. "It’s Treadfin’s Hab suite. DId… did the AI put it there?

“I didn’t do anything in his room,” Salvage says.

“Wa’n’t me, neither,” adds Bootleg.

“Nor I,” states Beta Maxx.

“Why don’t we check it out?” Nightfall suggests.

“Okay.” Whetstone leads the group through the hallways of the Excalibur towards the room.

“Ready?” Seraphicon asked Coalburn.

The door to Treadfin’s hab-suite slides open, the lights inside fading from pale white to a deep blue. On the console within the room was playing a loop of security footage recorded since Gigantion, depicting Treadfin’s friendly interactions with some of the other relic hunters- times he had spent talking, laughing, tinkering, and other moments Teletraan Iota had decided the crew might appreciate.

2 Likes

Whetstone watches the recordings. “Wow… Iota… This is amazing.”

1 Like