Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Part II

Firestorm requests copies of the journals be downloaded to his talismanic armor so he could load it into the Excalibur for later study.

The request is granted.

Firestorm thanks the AI and leaves, smiling peacefully as he saw the Protoforms and newborns growing and being welcomed into the world.

Maximus and Axis entered the Excalibur. Axis was now healed enough to walk on her own. She went to the bridge hoping to find Daybreak.

Daybreak was indeed on the bridge, reading Ichor’s farewell message (@Ace).

Since Hammer and Hydro Rex did not have anything else better to do, they decided to follow them.

It was indeed not a bad idea to follow the two since Hammer could give Daybreak the news that together with the team, they got the Requiem Blaster in their possession.

Seraphicon goes to put away the Star Saber and Emberstone in the armory.

It read, ‘captain, as this mission gets more dangerous I have to bid thee farewell, especially because of my newfound responsibility with Polemis. I hope you can forgive our sudden departure, sincerely Ichor.’

3 Likes

Absolution remains in the armory, sitting surprisingly still.

Coalburn, Cargo, Killstreak, and Zipline enter the Excalibur. Rather than finding her room, Killstreak quickly hops into the Divider and rests. Coalburn curls up next to it and sleeps as well, the furnace lit only by a pilot light.

Axis stepped into the bridge.

“Commander Daybreak. May I speak with you for a moment?”

Daybreak responds like so:

Understood, general. I wish you well, and promise to succeed in our mission in your absence.

It was a pleasure and an honor. Farewell to you, Ichor.

Daybreak sends the message and rises to face Axis.

“Of course.”

3 Likes

Seraphicon looks a bit confused, “Absolution?” He asked, wondering if she was online.

Firestorm gives one last look at the Well before approaching where he parked his Transtector.

Hammer was a bit behind, he let Axis talk first to Daybreak.

“It has occurred to me that you often spend time in the ship planning our next major actions, but the ground expeditions have been left without a proper leader up until now. However, during the attack on the Requium Stronghold, Hammer and I made an effective team in leading the group. I propose the two of us be given official rank and authority for future on foot missions.”

2 Likes

Daybreak nods.

“Allow me to consider your proposal on our journey to Aevum, if you will.”

2 Likes

Axis gave a respectful nod.
“Of course. Thank you.”

Hammer was surprised by Axis proposal, he was quite speechless.

“Say…whaaat?” thought Hydro Rex.

Daybreak nods.

“Teletraan Iota, begin spinning up the dark matter drive, and plot a course to Aevum,” she requests of the shipboard AI. “We leave once all are aboard.”

A three-note chime is heard from the console in front of the captain’s chair.

“Affirmative, acting captain Daybreak,” complies a chirping, artificial voice.

Daybreak stares at the console, surprised.

Axis was surprised as well. She couldn’t recall a time when the a.i really talked like that.

1 Like

The voice says nothing more.

“… Either Thingamabob will have a spark attack when he sees what’s happened to his ship, or he’ll be chomping at the bit to explore all the new modifications,” Daybreak responds.