Transformers: Twilight of the Golden Age Part II

“Please, anything that can help.” Auros said.

Salvage shakes his head.

“What? No- you can’t just leave,” he pleads. “Not now…”

Primus walks up to Auros and presses an object into the Angelicon Father’s hand. The Creator then steps back, before beginning to walk away from the cliff, revealing the object to be the Key to Vector Sigma.

“Take what remains of the Matrix and the Forge of Solus Prime to Trecedim,” Primus solemnly says from over his shoulder, as the vision begins to fade. “From there, Optimus will know what to do.”

As the vision fades completely, Auros would find that, somehow, the real Key to Vector Sigma had actually left the ship’s stellarium (thus deactivating the chamber’s holomap) and appeared in the Father’s hand.

@MaxinePrimal @meepinater @MichaelTheLightBringer @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @Toa_Vladin @BlackBeltGamer98 @Ace Our heroes now find themselves in their Darkest Hour: the Matrix of Leadership has been destroyed, the Excalibur - the only vessel that could get back to Cybertron in less than a month or so- crashed, and Rhisling- the only other means of swift travel back to Cybertron- still on the mend.

Fortunately, they had two relics that might be able to speed up the repairs a bit…

1 Like

He nods, “I won’t fail you.” He said.

He removes the mask and activates the open comlink channel, informing everyone in the team about what he learned.

Suddenly a warship appeared overhead

“Ya know, the perfect thing to have right now would be one of those Hobbit pipes from the Lord of the Rings,” Zipline dreams, emotion gone from his voice as the three sit in a circle.

“Zip, now is certainly not the time for jokes,” Cargo advises calmly.

“I’m serious, Carg,” Zip promises. “No matter what happened, no matter what was happening, the characters were always happy with a pile in one hand and a mug in the other.”

Cargo gives a small laugh. “So, you want a drink and a smoke?”

“It’s metaphorical, Carg,” Zip explains, keeping from imitating Taserface. “What we all need is a drink and a smoke, methinks.”

“I can cough smoke,” Coalburn offers.

Zip sighs. “I suppose you can, Coal E. Hedd.”

1 Like

Bootleg sees this, recognizes the ship, and cheers.

“Space-boat!” he hollers, temporarily elated. “He came back!”

It lands and the door opens, revealing kladi, “miss me?” She asked slyly

“Everyone!” Auros yelled into the comlink, “Get your tailpipes back to the ship with every single piece of the Matrix and Rhisling you can get! We’re going to Trecedim!”

Seraphicon’s ears were ringing, “You heard him.” He said, a bit confused but usually an Angelicon Father yelling like that meant they did not want to repeat themselves.

1 Like

Killstreak and Absolution remain in the brig. The watch as the villainous Killstreak fades away, a maniacal sneer on her face as she goes.

As Killstreak heals herself, she is filled with a new strength.

“I’m sorry,” Absolution repeats.

“I know.”

“No, I’m sorry I never did more for this team. The quest is nearly over and- I haven’t done anything.”

“The heart is more important than the actions, Absol. I think Primus can see that.”

“I have a question, Killstreak.”

“Yes?”

“Why are the Primes so special? They were born with powers, sure, they have special weapons, sure, but without all that- They’re just you and me, and anyone else, aren’t they? Why do people worship them?”

“Well, seeing as you created me and know essentially everything about me, I’m not the right person to ask. But maybe for another time. Seraphicon would seem to know this kind of-“

Killstreak stops.

“What?”

“Something weird just happened. I feel- I feel like soemthing’s over.”

Absolution tries to read someone, anyone’s emotions nearby.

1 Like

Boy did we!” Bootleg replies happily. “Man, y’all came back at jus’ the right… time…”

The Malfunctioning Minicon’s voice trails off at the reality of the situation returns to him.

“Say again?” Overgrowth repeats. “It sounded like you just said ‘Trecedim’.”

Ichor transformed, “what happened?”

“Get to the Stellarium and I’ll explain and you have all the pieces of the relics, now get moving or everyone’s getting a Primus-sized earful; the fate of the universe is at stake!” He was very urgent.

Seraphicon begins gathering the Matrix pieces and trying to fix Rhisling more.

“We’ve got a pipe!” Zipline shrieks, running through the halls of the Excalibur with his two friends.

Through sobs, Bootleg informs the two of the Matrix’s destruction.

Rhisling would be fully repaired with in the day. In the meantime, however, it might not be wise to rush the reconstruction of a sword that could very well cut apart the fabric of reality.

Aevan engineers begin to work on getting the Excalibur back into flying shape. This would also take some time, but unlike the case with Rhisling, one could feel free to try and speed up this process.

Most of the NPCs begin making their way back to the ship.

Seraphicon finds some metal scraps and tries to make a box for the Matrix pieces out of them using The Forge.

Auros puts the Vector Sigma Key into the Stellarium console and takes a deep breath, “Trecedim.” He said.

“Bot fraggin son of a Cessna,” muttered kladi

“Look at what’s happened. Nemesis won. We lost. We’re dead. I don’t even get to go home! Its over… I can’t believe myself. To think I actually believed I might be the next prime. Oh look at me. Little miss hero. Just because I pulled some stupid sword, out of some stupid lake, somehow that made me important. But look where we are now! If I’m lucky I’ll find a cliff to jump off of before I starve.”

“Axis, we can still save Cybertron!” Firestorm yelled on the comlink, “Apparently, Primus has given us Trecedim’s and Optimus’s location and they can restore the Matrix!”

“we only lose when we give up,” defiantly said Ichor, “now stop wallowing in pity and let us go to Trecedim!” He told axis

1 Like

The stellarium’s holomap flickers to life, displaying the galaxy. Now, however, a red, ringed gas giant could be seen out beyond the fringes, in intergalactic space. A small moon orbits this gas giant, and beside it, enscribed in Cyberglyphics, is written the name:

Trecedim.

The NPCs in the stellarium are struck dumb with awe.

5 Likes