TTV Episode 195 Discussion

Im not done with the episode yet but so far i like it even if it is dark.

@prentice1215
I blame 06 for the edge.

@Gravityhurts123
Meso looks like Kermit. 10/10

3 Likes

Ten munites in, already dislike this one.

Sorry, this was not for me.

1 Like

But why? don’t you fine waterboarding most fascinating?

JK XP

2 Likes

don’t you LIKE Klondike waterboarding?

Hokay, several things here…

Eljay:
Apologizes for behavior in the last episode
Proceeds to yell at Meso “You’re garbage!”

Shout-out to Political Slime’s guest appearance at 55:40. (You can even tell it’s him because it’s an LJ impersonation.

Finally…Is it just me
Or are these podcasts getting more edgy…
Sort of like 2006 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[spoiler]As for real thoughts, don’t hate on the Ignition Trilogy. I joined during that phenomenon that was storytelling, and I was six years short of being one of those edgy teens.

And don’t hate on Team Prpl. If I remember, by the end, the Prpl faction of Team Eljay had a greater amount of soldiers (including myself :stuck_out_tongue:) than there were plain Team Eljay members.[/spoiler]

2 Likes

I was on Team Eljay not for Eljay, I was a secret member of Team Meso.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well anyways. This was easily one of my favorite episodes. But how is Meso so well liked in the community. He can be worse then Eljay.

But Eljay did go pretty dark this episode.

1 Like

2006 was the year that got me into Bionicle, and as a result I’m far more attached to the Inika characters than the Nuva. it’s also not fair to call the piraka “generic gangsters” when they weren’t even remotely like that outside of the toy commercials.

That said, on all other counts I have to agree with Eljay. Meso’s being ridiculously negative about a line that has made better use of ccbs that hero factory did in 5 years. Honestly, it’s pretty churlish to be THE go-to Bionicle podcast, and be bashing it constantly.

1 Like

It’s not really helping your case to use the opinion that BIONICLE “made better use of CCBS” as a reason why I shouldn’t be so negative about it. Completely discounting the fact that BIONICLE wouldn’t have the great sets it does now if HF hadn’t beta-tested the system, I don’t even complain about the sets all that much. Most of them are great successes in my book; there are some sets which I loathe, sure, but I take far more issue with the marketing and storytelling side of things, and I think I’m 100% justified in that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps I will spend the next several podcasts fanboying about how awesome Tahu is, or talk at-length about… how good Journey to One was, or something? Maybe that’ll balance the scales.

-Mesonak

2 Likes

For the record, I think that Bionicle 2’s story and marketing have been lacklustre, both in comparison to g1 and in general. it’s more how you typically say it, like it almost seems funny to you. Maybe that’s just me misreading tone.

I also do you the credit of assuming you won’t stoop to straw-manning me as someone who tunes in for baseless fanboying, rather than someone who perceives your expectations as too high. You make very valid points on the whole, but when you got to the point of criticising 2001’s story for its simplicity, I was left wondering just what you had been expecting, and thinking that it was probably not a reasonable expectation given what this franchise is.

It is sometimes funny to me, in a train-wreck kind of way. Most of the time it just makes me sad.

Also, yeah, that bit about fanboying over Tahu wasn’t directed specifically towards you (or anyone rather), just a joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

The thing about 2001 isn’t me criticizing the year for being awful, so much as it is pointing out the parallels between it and the “current-day” BIONICLE. How some people can be displeased with the 2015 story yet praise 2001 beyond comprehension baffles me sometimes. Of course, 2001 has MNOG, which is the best BIONICLE media ever produced, so that is definitely a point in its favor. If BIONICLE could combine the world-building and atmosphere of 2001 with the plot and storytelling of the Ignition Trilogy, we’d have a mega-hit on ours hands. Alas, that is probably an unrealistic expectation.

-Mesonak

2 Likes

I honestly agree with a lot of Meso’s points and such.