Ultimate Upgrade: Sonic Phantom and Shadow Crawler

Ultimate Upgrade: Sonic Phantom and Shadow Crawler

The Design

So after seeing @AwesomeJoel27’s Revamp Thunder Fury moc I wanted to do something with Exo Force so I decided to make the following moc(s). I redesigned the Sonic Phantom to be a dropship rather than an attack fighter as the stern thrusters being angled up did not suggest it being a fighter to me. Piece count: 1682.

The Phantom carries 4 Iron Drones and a Mini Shadow Crawler which can be deployed from a height or by landing, it has 4 guns on the front (2 per engine) and a dual gunner turret set up like the original but with a devastator gunner. The set contains 7.5 Robots in total (The pilot devastator is attached to the Phantom).

I tried to capture as much of the original moc in this but that original set only had 208 and 147 parts, so as I upscaled the design, the design needed more detail and the colours kinda became a bit bland. I added detail basically everywhere as a result of this and I think it looks alright.

The thrusters might look weird but that’s only because Stud.io which I use now, does not support this part, which is a tad annoying. Originally I designed this in the LDD because It’s my preferred design software but after seeing a few people rendering using Stud.io I decided to try it. Long story short, I had to manually rebuild the moc in stud.io and Lo’ this moc. Also the Toa Metru leg armour isn’t on, I originally had that on the crawler but eh, not anymore.

The crawler I decided to make smaller for the purpose of a dropship, the crawlers didn’t need to be large to take on our brave heroes in Exo Force hence the scaling. I replaced the sphere with the skeleton with the small ball thingy as I imagine it to be some kind of reactor rather than a prison pod.

Yeah, those things were prison pods, the loss of these makes them easier to kill, the Exo-force don’t need to worry about hurting the human prisoners. However they’re small so much easier to deploy in numbers.

Overall I think this came out really well, I’m getting back into moccing now on Stud.io, the rendering is super high quality and I may end up actually making instructions for once. Crazy right! The instruction system on stud.io is a much better than LDD trust me, I built the exterior then the interior according to LDD…

Anyway enjoy! Comments and Criticisms Welcome :slight_smile:

61 Likes

Coolest LDD build I’ve seen this month

1 Like

Very nice job indeed.

1 Like

Looks awesome!

1 Like

Awesome, always happy to see some EXO-FORCE stuff and this thing looks totally menacing

1 Like

Dang, Exp-Force is one of my favorite all time lego themes, so this is just preaching to the quire. I better hope on this train before everything is tackled.

1 Like

Very well done, mate. I had this set… I think it even may have been my first Exo Force set… so this has a very special place in my heart. ^^

1 Like

Shut up and take my money!

1 Like

If only this was available for retail.

1 Like

@Toa_Radrix @Kirathel @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @Sokoda @MakutaKirakh @SteampunkTahu

Thanks!

@Zero @Leoxander
I can look into trying to put the stud.io file online if you want.

2 Likes

I was thinking more about a physical set.

1 Like

Is this really Lego Digital Designer? I cant get such good graphics no matter what I try.

Is there a version beyond 3.4.11?

1 Like

There is a way in preferences, I had to Google it.

1 Like

This was designed in LDD, remade manually in Stud.io (because the file wouldn’t render properly) then rendered in Pov-ray, Pov-ray can be used in LDD as well however.

@Zero The instructions or file are the closest I can get I’m afraid.

1 Like

This thing is so amazing I would love to recreate it in person! Awesome Job!

1 Like

@Zero @Leoxander @TheUpsidedownVahi

The files are now available on the google drive as LDD and Stud.io files if you want to mess around with them or compile the parts list.

Edit: Link removed as the file has been removed. Apologies to anyone still wishing to download the model.

2 Likes

impressive ! it looks like a completly different vehicle

1 Like

Hi, I love your creation, and I like to make a copy, but the files are not available when I open the link of google drive that you have written. Can you repost it, please?
Thank you so much, your creation are Incredibles!

1 Like

Gotta love exo force. Amazing revamp you have done here my friend!

1 Like

@Ender28 @Toa_Good_Guy Thanks!

I have since taken down the link, so the file is now unavailable.