Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

You’re probably right. I just wasn’t sure that it was the popular opinion as I saw many people expressing that they liked the last episode. I went ahead and moved the post elsewhere.

1 Like

K den

at least the post was saved elsewhere, 'cause ya do bring up valid points

I wanna see a Voodoo head reboot.
Pakari Nuva bad.
Pulls up firewall I think 2007’s sets were bad.
I like TLR more than the previous 3.
I never liked 2004 or 2005 in Bionicle.
Imo 2009 is the 4th best year of Bionicle.
( 1st 2001, 2nd 2002, 3rd, 2006 )

2 Likes

I don’t think I know anybody who disagrees with that notion.

4 Likes

You can’t have a reboot for a line that was never released.

6 Likes

Yeah. Like, if they were to release Voodoo Heads, it would be marketed as a new line and probably wouldn’t last long,

1 Like

Positive unpopular opinions:

• I guess I like most Kanohi Nuva, including Kaukau and Pakari Nuva. The only one I truly don’t like is Kakama but I can live with it.
  • I thought Bionicle Heroes was an enjoyable game and the fact it wasn’t canon-accurate was never a problem for me. The gameplay itself gets old rather quickly, though.
  • I didn’t mind characters like Kiina or Matau (Berix annoyed me, though).
  • I like all four Bionicle movies. Sure, they’re not Shakespearian work (oh, well, they actually are…) but I think they’re pretty decent as kids films, being quite charming and harmless.

Negative unpopular opinions:

• I didn’t care for Greg’s work. I’m sure he’s a nice, patient guy who loves interacting with the fanbase but his stories often struck me as unnecessarily cynical, oddly paced and riddled with tropes common in super hero comic books, which I also don’t have any love for.
  • I hate 2010 with a passion. I guess I shouldn’t be that angry, as I realize the story team tried their best to wrap up the story, but I still can’t help feeling this story year was riddled with plot holes you could drive a truck through.
  • I find post-2003 Makuta to be a boring, one-dimensional, generic and clichéd evil sociopath with no redeeming traits and therefore, no depth as a character whatsoever. What’s more, the way the plot made him conveniently emerge victorious every time he was (seemingly) defeated became ludicrous at some point.
4 Likes

Me.
I like it.

I like all of them, but not necessarily on the characters they were put on set wise.

These are literally three of my favorite characters.
Not necessarily because they had amazing personalities, I just like them.
(Berix was my first set, Kiina had a cool build, Matau is a pretty cool character IMO)

• I dislike the Miru Nuva, since it looks like it has buckteeth.

• I liked Berix.

• I find the set version of Teridax underwhelming. I’d like it more if it were accurate to the films.

• I wish that the last two serials didn’t exist.

3 Likes

I dislike the Axalara version 'cause it looks like Lewa’s puckering up for a sloppy kiss or something

3 Likes

I like Kiina. She had a long waited feminine build after Gali Mata and Roodaka. Fun thing is, her name means “China” in my language. I never liked that tho. Berix was okay. I liked his collecting lifestyle, it gave his somewhat characterism.
And then there was Matau… Worst… Toa ever! I can’t stand him! Both set and movie versions was awful imo! He didn’t do anything but messing around all the time in the movie he was loud, annoying and always criticized Vakama while again, he didn’t do half as much as him! A bad poser. If I have to choose between his Metru or hordika form then I will get his turaga form rather. Metru green and Metru red were never looked good imo unless if it was mixed with different metallic colors like silver or gold.

2 Likes

Then you must hate the Kranua

11 Likes

I agree completely until the second paragraph in which I disagree with literally everything.

MY EYEZ!!!

2 Likes

In all seriousness though that model is really nostalgic for me.

3 Likes

The Av Matoran and Agori are terrible. I’m the kind of guy who likes to pose his figures.And I can’t make them look good while posing them.

2 Likes

While Hewkii Inika was decent IMO, in retrospect I found the Inika, as well the Piraka, rather unappealing in design. Every other set from that year was fine, though.

Besides their secondary color of gray, I liked the Metrutoran a good deal.

1 Like

once again, that’s a consensus opinion.

3 Likes

I think Umbra is pretty alright

4 Likes

Yeah he looks cool but you can’t really put him in a good pose without him slipping on his wheels and fall ahead*