Uxar, Lord of the Forest

Can Toa Lewa earn the respect of the lord of the forest and learn the secrets of air?

My eliminatory entry for the Bio Cup 2017 contest that’s recently begun on flickr.

The theme was to revamp any lego set. My first idea was turning Uxar into a wyvern and just rolled with it. I kept the original wings and mask to keep the resemblance to original.

I never really got the JtO interpretation of the elemental creatures as their ‘taming’ was way too simple. The thought that they’d actually be large proud beasts was more intriguing to me and would provide a more interesting storyarc for each toa. Imagine Lewa’s struggle trying to earn the acceptance of a biggo dragon that knows more about the element of air than he does.

105 Likes

Fantastic! Has an Aztec dragon feel to it.

5 Likes

Love the size of this, it has a very striking form. Wonder how it would look on Lewa unified :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

When a Dragonfly accedentlu flies into your steroids.

1 Like

The tail and some of the G1 pieces kinda clash with the texture, but still represent a solid build.

Despite the parts and color used, it doesn’t have Uxar vibe, the interior structure is rather impressive from the 2.0 feet and get fairly covered up.

There is a bit of a problem that there’s no mata green ccbs or bright green G1 parts. While making a moc you just kind of have to roll with it if you intend to get the shape right. I don’t intend to sacrifice shaping for parts that aren’t as fitting, because texture by definition is a too limiting element if kept in too high a regard. I think some tone variations also give a bit more natural feel.

There is also the issue of not having enough bright green ccbs shells. =B

I personally think the tail continues the segmented look well. Admittedly it’s pretty smooth when the other sections are more rough, but I can’t really imagine it any other way, not with what ccbs has to offer. Technicy options on the other hand would look too rough.

This is more of a re-imagining of Uxar, since I completely ditched the original dragonfly-whatever appearance. It’s not really supposed to give any vibes of that all too tame creature. This Uxar is a hardcore elemental lord that won’t make it easy for Lewa to earn its respect.

I appreciate the compliments.

1 Like

Im just going to steal the idea and make my own little version of this

1 Like

Do it.

love it, i think that’s enough to say! :wink:

1 Like

It looks so good! puts my own elemental dragon to shame.

It is a bit messy but it kinda gives it that kinda more organic with cybernetic implants look so it looks kinda nice.
And the problems with the colors is just understandable, but there’s so many shades of green I don’t think it matters too much, just like a real animal can have many shades of the same color on it.
Overall it gives off a really strong kinda imposing feel, which you were going for, it just kinda needs more cleaning and polishing to look REALLY good.

Now I wanna do more of my elemental dragons but I don’t have the parts to do them.

1 Like

That’s pretty much true.

The thing is, I’m short on mocing time since I’m doing this for a contest. I have about 5-6 days to build per round due to personal schedule limitations. With that I can only rely on building on impulse to get an entry done on time.

1 Like

Nice revamp! Definitely looks like a wyvern, or an aztec dragon.

THIS.

I like this.

I especially like the wyvern design it has.
:ok_hand:

While I love the MOC, it doesn’t really look good with the wings spread. Just a casualty of the way Lego works.

hope this wins bio cup

I love the design of the wings! Perhaps you could make a revamped Lewa who could ride it?

Is this what the inner Uxar looks like it doesn’t look like Uxar

To answer the question, I’ma quote myself:

1 Like

looks great! hope this made it past that round…
even tho this was from last year.