Vakama Metru Revamp (G1 Toa Teams Community Moc Project)

This is an entry to @TheMoltenKing’s G1 Toa Teams Community Moc Project.
I know I said I’d have him uploaded sooner, but hey, better late than never.

So, without any further ado, here’s the moc:

(Sorry if Picture quality isn’t that great. I wasn’t able to use my regular lighting setup)

One of my main goals with this revamp was to keep it small, relatively simple, and true to the source material.

That said, I did decide to give him a short sword, because what is he going to do if a rogue Vahki gets too close? Kick it?

Huh. Didn’t see that coming. In all seriousness, he has pretty good balance and articulation, although sadly one of his ankles is a little loose. Old parts… :frowning:

Another goal I had was to make him able to hold his disk launcher on his back, and I managed to not only do that, but to also give him a way to store his sword too!

And we’ll finish off with the obligatory Nyran-Shot.

This was a fun little build and, once I finish some other projects, I might consider doing another Toa. In the meantime, comments & criticism is welcome, and have a nice day.

37 Likes

The front of the torso makes him look fat, but good otherwise.

I like it, but something seems a bit off for me. I can’t put my finger on it.

To be honest, I’m not a fan of the inclusion of Mata Red.

But I do quite like the build itself.

4 Likes

I tried using just grey and metru red at first, but it looked too bland to me. Then I tried to go with the movie’s interpretation where he has orange as an extra color, but it stood out way too much and just didn’t look good. Mata red was the only color I liked in the end.

3 Likes

Not bad, but I’m not a fan of the Mata Red inclusion.

1 Like

the legs.
THE LEGS.
THE LEGS

@Omni What about them?

I’ve got some minor problems with this MOC:

Turn the slizer foot on the torso around to give it more shaping

The mata parts on the chest look out of place

And the exposed axles on the upper arms.

Otherwise, this is a fine revamp of the original! Great work!

@Saxton I agree with the Slizer foot, but unfortunately, due to the way it is constructed, that simply can not be done.

I disagree on the mata red, for reasons already stated, however, looking over my pictures, I’ve notice that my camera made it look a little pink-ish. I think if you saw the moc in person, you’d like it more.

And with the axles on his arms, I 100% agree, and have considered cutting them to get a better overall look.

Thank you for the critique!

1 Like

Mmm, not feeling the Mata red, but…[quote=“Silver_Falcon, post:5, topic:24956, full:true”]
I tried using just grey and metru red at first, but it looked too bland to me. Then I tried to go with the movie’s interpretation where he has orange as an extra color, but it stood out way too much and just didn’t look good.
[/quote]
You speak truth. I think that Mata red was the best option. Orange and dark grey just look ugly together for some reason. That being said, the only thing I would change here would be the chest armor. That Mata hand looks a little off.
Otherwise, I really like this. It captures the look of Vakama Metru very well. I especially like the arms, they do a good job of looking like the arms the set had.

Really like it, however, like many before me have said, the inclusion of the mata red is not something than I’m too fond of. But, it’s still looks great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’re amazing

@Omni Ah, thank you!

I don’t like the Mata red. Everything else is fine.

1 Like

I personally am fine with the Mata red, just not in such a heavy concentration as it is on the chest. Here and there to maybe highlight the joints is perfectly fine for me.

Otherwise, build is great!

4 Likes

I am agreed
He is a heretic! /s

I really like the mata red too.

Also don’t repost that gif because I am expecting it.