What is your favourite PlayStation game and console?

Fairly self explanatory, basically a PlayStation Topic.
My personal favourite is Patapon 3 on the Psvita. The characters are just so cute and the combat is so unique!
Also, take a picture of your SelfMoc playing tour favourite game! (If possible)

Also, watch someone make an XBox topic just to compete with this one!
So, PlayStation lovers, what is your favourite game and Console made by PlayStation?

1 Like

PS2. Granted, it’s the only one I have, but it has both Battlefronts and Spider-Man 2 on there. That automatically gives it a win in my book.

2 Likes

Last of Us in ps4, ofcourse

1 Like

Battlefront 2 on the Vita.

1 Like

Lego Harry Potter And Lego Indiana Jones on PSP Go. I have nostalgia.

My favourite console is the PS2 and my favourite console game is CTR.

PS2 arguably made the greatest leaps in technical capabilities and performance, and CTR is to this day the best couch game and kart racing game.

1 Like

PS2 was my favorite, Sly Cooper 3 was probably my favorite.

I don’t have any Playstation games, or consoles.
But I still have favorites, my favorite console is the PS2 (it has the best library imo), and my favorite game is (and the only one i played, technically), Maverick Hunter X on PSP. I played the original Megaman X, so I guess I played MHX in a way… They’re the same game, just MHX is a remake

1 Like

I’m going to have to say PS3. It has all the Ratchet & Clank games on it (as long as you have a backwards compatible model), the first two inFamous games, the first three Uncharted games, The Last of Us, and a bunch of other ports of old PS2 games. A grand library that actually seems better than the PS2’s library in comparison. The PS4 has Horizon and Uncharted 4, but a lot of other games people use to say why the PS4 is great are PS3 games ported to the system. Still love my PS4, but my favorite PlayStation has to go to the PS3.

Favorite game is Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time if we’re going exclusives, but Transformers: War for Cybertron for third-party.

2 Likes

B L O O D B O R N E

I guess the PS4 is my favorite console, but it’s the only PlayStation I own…
And I only own it because of Bloodborne…

Funny thing, though, I ended up liking the PS4 much better than the Xbone. I don’t regret a thing.

The new Injustice is cool.

I own a PS3 and a PS4, and I honestly prefer PS4.

1 Like

I have never owned a Playstation, but Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal was the first real Videogame I probably ever played.

One day I wanna own a copy, and the machine to play it…

halo 2 on the original xbox

I cant remember its name but it was on the PS2 and it was a game where you used diffrent powers and characters i think. I would enjoy finding out its name

2 Likes

My absolute favorite game is Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. It was probably the first game I ever played, but I still love its challenge curve to date. Although people usually prefer Crash 3: Warped, I find it a bit more visually bland and the power ups make it a little too easy. Crash 2 on the other hand forces you to use your current moves smartly.

As for console, PS3. Aside that I have a PS2, but I prefer PS3, although I’ll return anyday to PS2 for the Ratchet & Clank trilogy and The Legend of Spyro. I like that on PS3 you can set your controllers to allow 3 or 4 players on PS1 games. For whatever reason the PS2 multitap wasn’t compatible with PS1 games, giving me a decade long struggle on how to make it work. But now, if given the chance, multiplayer CTR is a blast.

Mortal Kombat 9 for the PS3. I would put MKX for the PS4, but something about the game felt a little lacking

It’s a toss between PS3 and PS4 for me. PS2 is a great console as well with a great library of games and even some of my all time favourite games like Ratchet & Clank 3, James Bond 007: Nightfire, Star Wars Battlefront I & II and Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. I have a lot of fond memories of that console, but honestly I prefer both PS3 and PS4 overall.

Again it’s a toss between those two, both consoles are great and also having a great selection of games. More so for PS3, but I feel that’s a bit of an unfair comparison considering the PS4 library is still being built on.

The PS3 has so many great games, both exclusive and third party, that it’s hard to pick just one game. If I’m going for exclusives, we have the Uncharted series, Killzone 2 and The Last of Us. Going by third party games, I would mainly pick both Elder Scrolls games Oblivion and Skyrim (especially Oblivion).

As for PS4, again the library is still being built upon and every year I find my personal favorites being changed. Right now I would say either Uncharted 4 or Horizon: Zero Dawn as far as exclusives go, and with third party games and overall I would say The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

1 Like

I was about to say this not ironically…

I’ve never played PlayStation

1 Like

PS2 slim is my favourite PlayStation console. Because it was the console who introduced me to video-games, it also had so many good titles that I still enjoy to play and the gameplay that the PS2 slim console provides still work as good as it did when I got it in 2006.
I have no absolute favourite game for the PS2. But if I would chose from any of the PS2 games I have played, then it would be: Sonic Heroes, LEGO Star Wars the video game or Bionicle Heroes.

I liked the ps3. of course i’m nostalgic about the ps1 tho
and i’m not sure if i should get a ps4. i would’ve gotten one if Persona 5 wasn’t also on the 3, but they’re still… 300 bucks and all.

favorite game? nostalgia dictates the original crash games

1 Like

easy.

ps2, .//hack g.u. volumes one through three. without a doubt

1 Like