What Languages Have You Learned?

To all the people who only speak English: English is a very tough and convoluted language that you can study and continue to learn about for many years to come. Be proud you had the fortune to learn it from birth and you didn’t have to take it as a second language.

1 Like

I speak French really well, and I’ve studied the language after my 11th year.

I knew my 4 years of French would be put to use.

3 Likes

To be extra clear, I took French classes from when I was 11 up through 15.

I was learning Latin. I want to continue. I should practice more.

1 Like

I was learning Latin. I don’t want to continue, I almost had to repeat 4th grade for the second time, Im not good at Spanish nor latin

Well, my first language is Swedish and obviously I have learnt English as well. I did also study Spanish for 5 years, yet I barely can talk or even understand it, aside from choice words and a few phrases. Let’s just say I never really was motivated to learn that language.

1 Like

Plot twist: i’m learning english :scream:
I’m chilean btw so that’s a thing (letting go my interior xirolloutix )

I’ve recently started learning Scandinavian languages, since I’m pretty sure Canada will put a limit of how many Americans can move there in a few months, so I have a back up plan.
If you’re wondering which of those languages I’m learning, here you go:
Swedish
Finnish
Danish
Faroese
Norwegian
German
Icelandic

4 Likes

I’ve spoken Hebrew for most of my life, thought I may be a bit rusty after not being in a Jewish school for 3 years

2 Likes

So I recently got this chest when my Grandpa came and visited.

It belonged to my great grandfather who served in WWII who got it from his brother who was on Iwo Jima. It’s a pretty cool little chest but I was wondering what it said. I figured their had to be someone on the boards who spoke Japanese. I can get clearer pictures if needed. The resolution doesn’t convert well.

3 Likes

I wish. it would make watching animes a lot easier.

I know very little Japanese, so I can’t decipher this.

ノー日本語を話すだけラマ

Your not helping.

Wouldn’t this belong here since you’re asking if someone knows another language. What Languages Have You Learned?

@Kopeke_Nuva

I have run the images through my translation device, although, the translation is not very good and makes little sense in english. However, through multiple translations of the first image, one set of words that stayed the same each time is “oxygen gas masks”. Based on the images of the man in the second and third photographs, it seems likely that this crate was used to store gas masks like the ones seen on the man. The large bodies of text are probably information on the use of said masks.

Hope this helped, although perhaps someone else can give a more accurate translation.

1 Like

I wasn’t looking so much for the knowledge if they knew Japanese as I was looking to see I they could translate it.

I speak English, tiny bit of French, and can count to 5 in Spanish.
So basically I speak American.

3 Likes

I know english, french, and some cantonese and also Matoran

1 Like

I speak Italian, a little bit of French, and English.
I understand but can’t speak all that well my local dialect, if it counts.

That’s about it.

EDIT: Oh yes, and Latin, I totally forgot.