"You know you're a BIONICLE fan when ______"

To be honest, Reviving Bionicle is very much a Bionicle version of Toy Story. It’s very similar in that the sets all live in one house, are fully aware that they are toys and not real characters, and deal with complex emotional issues involving moving on from childhood and the end of a toy’s popularity. Pretty much the only difference is that RB’s toy guns somehow actually work (though the characters’ powers don’t).

8 Likes

YKYABF when SuddenlyOranges posts one of your memes on his tumblr and gives you credit.

7 Likes

Your mancave centers around a shrine, complete with every piece of Bionicle Merch you own…every piece. Every one.

Even the stars.

5 Likes

#displaygoals

I’ve always thought of it like that. I also like that there was a reason for the sets’ sentience, in this case being the trans eye/brain pieces.

Also apparently you can build hyper-intelligent Bionicle-killing computer programs using ABS plastic, and the opacity or transparency of a part determines whether or not it can be used to employ mind control. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

YKYABFW you cry in the middle of the night about the ending of Bionicle G2. :sob:

1 Like

YKYABFW someone mentions brittle plastic and you have '08 war flashbacks.

8 Likes

YKYABFW the unity, duty, destiny symbol is your laptop lockscreen.

3 Likes

YKYABFW you’re assembling a table with your father and he gets confused when you call the metal washers bushings and the screw holes pin holes.

5 Likes

And you wonder why he wants you out of the house…

XP

2 Likes

YKYABFW you buy a $12 ticket for the homecoming dance and you think: “I could have bought a Bionicle with this”

10 Likes

YKYABFW you consider spending over $70 on getting your destroyed G1 sets back.

4 Likes

YKYABFW you drop $400 on bricklink to get 48 sets shipped from Russia.

6 Likes

YKYABFW you don’t buy a ticket to homecoming because you know you can use that time to work on your Chronicler’s Convergence trailer, and use the money for an extra G2 Bonkle before they disappear off shelves.

3 Likes

Which sets? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same. I spent 100€ on Bionicle books from the UK (and one from the US) on Amazon yesterday (but it’s for Christmas, so it’s ok :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

When the only rap song on your phone is the Piraka Rap.

8 Likes

it’s a surprise :wink:

2 Likes

I would. But its not on Spotify.

YKYABFW you own almost all of the earth elemental sets from G2, and are working on getting the rest from G1.

2 Likes

You know that you’re a Bionicle fan when your reaction to the theme’s cancellation is an essay-length tribute on Facebook.

You know you’re a Bionicle fan when you compose music for a Bionicle musical.

You know that you’re a Bionicle fan when you have written letters to TLG about the theme before.

You know that you’re a real fan when you call the parts “Bonkles”.

5 Likes

#DIE.

5 Likes