Your Favorite LEGO Sets from 2016

2017 is quickly approaching and to continue the question asked last year, what’s your favorite sets of 2016?

To pick out a list of favorite sets from a year as stellar for LEGO as 2016 was difficult, but I think I’ve made a semi-finalized list:

Although 21306 The Beatles Yellow Submarine has only been out for a few months, it has quickly become one of my favorite sets period:

The shaping of the vessel is beyond superb with all of its hyper accurate curves, using a metric ton of recolored or extremely new batch of pieces. The minifigures make the deal ever so much better, with an accurate rendition of the band in their Yellow Submarine costumes.

Similar to the set above, 31050 Corner Deli is one of the best sets ever:

It’s one of the greatest Creator buildings ever made, with its amazing interior, beautiful exterior, and a more than amazing color scheme. The deli even kind of, sort of works like a Modular, where compatible buildings can connect to its sides with the **Power of Technic Pins!**®

Oh look, another contender for the best set ever!

60134 Fun in the Park is a fantastic population builder for a LEGO City, but the minifigs themselves aren’t just generic guys and gals. Each one has something unique about them, be it their head, hair, body, or legs. It also introduced the first minifig wheelchair and baby, so the set gets some brownie points for that.

Nexo Knights was by far the best thing that happened in 2016 and 70327 The King’s Mech was the crowning jewel:

This robo-suit just radiates personality with its shield-ship and the plume on the top of the BA visor. The minifigures just elevate the set considerably (mainly because King Halberd has style, class, and a robit. Who doesn’t love robits?)

Though I think this set has a ton of issues, I had to include 75137 Carbon-Freezing Chamber:

I’m not going to lie, I’m only adding this in because of my love for ESB and The Han Solo Affair (Check this out btw.) It isn’t a bad set since it has some great figs and a cool gimmick, but just thinking about how we could have had a legitimate Cloud CIty set sickens me.

#cloudcityfor2017

11 Likes

So many good sets, it’s so hard to choose!!!
I think some of my favourites are Umarak the Hunter, and the Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
There’s probably countless others I’m missing but these are a couple of the ones I can think of.

2 Likes

… Probably the Minecraft Village set.

1 Like

If I get money for Orthodox Christmas next month Im gonna get the best set from 2016:

Umarak, the Beefcake Hunter

11 Likes

Probably Director Krennic’s Shuttle, or the Ninjago Skybound wave (most of the sets were fantastic, particularly the Dragon, Zeppelin and Lighthouse).

Especially that I managed to find Director Krennic’s Shuttle for only $95 at K-mart!

3 Likes

I’d have to go with both versions of Umarak and Uniter Onua.

1 Like

For me, the best one would have to be Umarak the Hunter

1 Like

The Uniters are easily my favorite. Very well-done sets for the most part.

1 Like

One of my favorites is the LEGO Disney Castle.
I also like the JTO Makuta.

1 Like

Thats not a set tho :T

2 Likes

Huh. I remember this from back in the day.

Umarak the Hunter has to be my favorite set from this year, seeing that it’s pretty awesome.

1 Like

Mixels have some pretty great sets. The fire hydrant was pretty great, I forget the name tho.

Even without owning the King’s Mech, I gotta say that is one of the best mechs lego has released in a long time.

Umarak the hunter was also probably one of the best G2 sets.

1 Like

no mention of the sky shark 0/10

3 Likes

UtH, basically all of nexo knights, particularly the rumble blade, mecha horse, and jestro’s volcano lair…
Uhh, yeah that’s about it.
Oh, the yellow submarine is pretty rad.

2 Likes

Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Bucket Wheel Excavator, Claas Xerion 5000 Trac VC, Volkswagen Beetle, Caterham Seven 620R, Brick Bank.

Quake beast or ketar were the highlights of 2016!

1 Like

Umarak the Hunter, as of right now- Although I haven’t gotten any Ninjago sets yet, so maybe the lighthouse as well. Not quite sure yet.

Haha, to be honest, the Skyshark (I felt) was the weakest of the wave (the bikes are only better because of two protagonist minifigs).

And how could I forget, the Imperial Trooper Battle Pack! Two of the new Stormies, and Two excellent quality Death Troopers!

I like pretty much all the Uniters, and Umarak the Hunter was really cool as well.

2 Likes

Bionicle set wise, Umarak the Destroyer, Umarak the Hunter, Lava Beast, Ikir, Makuta, Gali 2016, and Akida were my favorite sets.
System wise, A majority of the Minecraft sets would be here. Besides Minecraft, The Volcano Crusher would be here too. (I don’t remember if it was called that.)