YouTube Discussion Topic

yeah but hey there’s still some redeeming qualities, just give my a week to come up with an idea…

A message from the Fine Bros on React World.

In short, they’re cancelling it. And I think they’re getting rid of their trademark.

4 Likes

Lol, like that’s gonna help them get back the 400,000 subs they lost, more than half of the comments want to see them taken down, but that won’t happen =P

They already lost trust, earning it back will be insanely hard if not impossible.

PS: for those having the notification issue I’m inmune. That means im special! Inb4 fixed

3 Likes

The Fine Bros controversy is completely overblown. Personally, I think that their actions were perfectly reasonable, and that their React World program showed a ton of promise. They made a lot of mistakes in how they presented their video, and a ton of people overreacted.

A ton of people don’t even know the difference between “Trademark” and “Copyright”, a ton more people don’t realize the difference between format and genre. It’s a mess. They did a bad job explaining it, and they did a worse job backing down.

Yeah…no. I mean, don’t get me wrong, YouTube can be abused, but they can’t NOT trademark their channel name. It’s a branding thing. REACT is the title of their main channel - trademarking that word is part of a business decision for that brand. REACT is different from “react”.

It’s the start of a new content franchise, using available company assets and promotion. It was honestly a pretty revolutionary idea.

You talk like that like it’s a bad thing?

Backing down was a mistake. I understand that React World program being shut down (unfortunately), but they should have stuck to their guns with the trademark.

You guys realize that, because of this huge publicity, everyone realizes that it’s up for grabs, right? Like, another company can, with reasonable branding proof, take that and THEN all of the stuff people were worrying about with copyright claims and taking down videos could also come to pass, except it’s a corporate entity that might not care about your wellbeing as well as actual content creators?

Sad truth.

Fine Bros. have a very distinct reaction format. Most reaction videos are personality based. Theirs are demographic based. Most of their videos are 75% discussion and questions asked to people of a particular demographic, to gage what that demographic thinks of the video, technology or issue at hand.

This is what they felt was specific to them, and they had to copyright that to make sure that people 1. did not use their assets given out for React World for things without crediting and paying them for said promotion and assets 2. stop major network television shows from just ripping off their format (like Ellen did).

It’s a franchise thing, seen in the real world all the time. Did you know that Marvel and DC jointly own the trademark to “superhero”? Or that the United Postal Service has the trademark to the color brown? It’s just how branding works.

4 Likes

It is a shame the finebros are getting absolutely destroyed by the ones who supported them in the first place. Lately all reaction videos and channels have been getting insane hate, and personally I am in favor of the channels getting taken down (note: I’m talking about channels that show the whole video below in a tiny screen: jinx, tyrone mag, etc). Hopefully all this drama gets solved for the best of youtube.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard, Machinima is terrible. They take your money and give you absolutely nothing in return. And this is from Leafyishere and Pyrocynical as well as a few others who have made rants about how Machinima screwed them over by promising help, guidance and exposure and then completely ignoring them. I dunno if Finebros would have fallen to that level, but it was pretty bad apparently.

5 Likes

I have made a video just today bringing up about trademark being abused, because TheFineBros are not the only one doing it, Sony also tried to do it with “let’s play” and EA tried it with “Ghost” and remember 2 years ago that candy crush saga tried to trademark the word “candy”.

As what Jacob M. Keene “no one should abuse trademarking like that, especially on words they didn’t invent. If anything, I think it might make a little more sense if someone who made a TV show/movie/video game etc. just made up a word to put into said media and gave it a meaning, and they trademark that because they technically did invent it”. Because it’s ridiculous how someone could get away with trademarking a word like react.

Also TheFineBros only had money on there mind and to take down any who make reaction video, hell they even have the logic of “we can react to other people content but you can’t react to our stuff” like what happen with 8-Bit Eric with his reaction video of one of TheFineBros video.

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying, and I agree, however this is probably due to how I made my post, with every sentence on a new line, but the point of that post was too just bring up a few of the controversies that have happened, so I could say this:

Other than that Kahi, fantastic points…

2 Likes

Talking about reactors (not fine bros) what do you guys think of them? Those who put the video in the corner like Jinx and all.
Personally, you don’t have any idea how much I dislike them.
The way they do their videos angers me so much. Literally taking a full video, smiling and if you are lucky they say two words= profit.

2 Likes

They’re just a bunch of random clutter. It annoys me how they take small amounts of effort. I mean, why do people watch them? They’re doing nothing entertaining.

4 Likes

The only reactions like those I will watch, on purpose, are those when people actually react.
Like Superfans who watch new episodes of RWBY, or a guy freaking out about the trailer when Mega Blastoise was revealed…

Ikr! IHE and GradeAunderA made the best videos regarding them, idubz wasn’t bad either. Anyway the thing is I could become rich by just taking your Pokemon videos and then saying “plural sucks” and then put an awkward face= Blue$ell

My point is, I hope that after all this Fine bros drama those channels are erased for good. I heard gradeA will do a vid regarding tyrone around the week.

Also: what bothers me the most is that they think they’re doing hard work. Hahahah

2 Likes

Don’t you freaking dare.

3 Likes

Haha I’m just joking, and the reason I’m bothered by this is that as an “artist” grabbing someones content without altering it in the slightest is the same as stealing, these channels are the worst of youtube, and when they react to prank videos…ugh

1 Like

The GIF says it all.

Also I don’t mind reaction videos as long as someone reacts.

Or as I like to say, the thinking mans, or womans, channels.

What about the people that actually react, giving there commentary, freaking out, or being on the brink of tears?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa…
Starts coughing, choking, then dies.

2 Likes

I mean H3H3 leafy and others are the reactions I like, they actually make coments and pause at certain moments to give their thoughts.

2 Likes

I wasn’t actually thinking about those type of channels, but they are better than average Jinx…

2 Likes

But didn’t jinx announce he was leaving youtube? Or was that a joke? Either way his face is very very punchable (although chances are my hand would break if I punched anything)

After thinking for a bit, I wonder if peeps in the boards like jinx…hmmm

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know, I don’t really keep up with all that.stuff.

Ooooooo, don’t tempt me.

Hmmm indeed.
We might be making some enemies…

2 Likes