Zelda: Breath of the Wild

@Ghidora131 At this point, I don’t think there’s anything left to say other than I respectfully still disagree with your opinion. There’s really no other place for this conversation to go. We’ve both stated our cases and we’re both stubbornly firm in our stances. Though if you still want to continue the discussion, hit me up in a PM. Who knows, maybe we could find common ground if given time to write more concise thoughts.

Lol good luck finding one. You have a better chance getting a Switch now.

2 Likes

I highly disagree. This game is pretty much designed for the Switch. It’s nature allows you to easily pick it up and play while on the go. Say you have a 30 minute ride on a train. During that time, you can pick up your Switch and play some BotW. I guarantee that you’ll accomplish something during that 30 minutes, whether it’s a Shrine, Korok, or some other quest. It makes for a very satisfying experience, one that you can’t get while sitting at home playing a Wii U. If anyone wants to play this game and has neither a Wii U not a Switch, I highly recommend the latter. The Switch is getting nearly every good game the Wii U had and more.

You might end up saving a few bucks, but not until long from now. Look at Brawl. It’s been what, 9 years since it came out? It’s only $10 cheaper than it was originally. Metroid Prime Trilogy? Still $40. Even MK Wii is still pretty expensive, despite being outdated.

BotW is a great game, and I cannot see it dropping its $60 price tag any time within the next 5 years. They might release a DLC Bundle for the Switch, but otherwise, I don’t see it changing.

5 Likes

Actually, it’s designed for the Wii U. It’s the same Zelda Wii U game talked about and announced in 2014. It just happens to be super fun on-the-go. But being a gigantic Kirby fan and obsessing over the 3DS games, along with the fact that I continue to play 3DS as my primary portable and don’t see that changing for a long time, I don’t see myself buying the Switch anytime soon. Even if I didn’t have a Wii U I wouldn’t put an extra $300.00 on the price tag of $60.00, that’s just ridiculous.

What, you’re telling me teleportation isn’t a thing yet!?

The Wii is a special case, as during its lifespan everyone and their grandmother (mine too) had a Wii but never bought much for it, and what was bought was bought to an extreme. So things like Xenoblade Chronicles while not many people had it, what was there was bought up insanely quick and we won’t be seeing that drop for a loooong time.

Plus, it’s Nintendo, and people are under the assumption that the games stay fresh forever. Which they kinda do, just not most of the Wii games.

Nearby game store dropped the Wii U copy to $45, but I see your point. Still, I’ll wait until the Switch has released a good number of games/the Switch Plus or whatever comes out and the main Switch price decreases.

I understand it was initially designed for the Wii U, but you can’t deny that it fits perfectly with the Switch’s core concept.

As a fellow giant Kirby fan who also loves the 3DS games, I see no issues with owning both. In fact, I was using both pretty extensively when TKCD came out. The 3DS is great, don’t get me wrong, but the visuals on the Switch are breathtaking. The first time I played BotW on my Switch, I almost shed a tear, literally. It’s hard to appreciate a handheld HD console until you have one in your hands.

That’s the first I’ve heard of that. And I have no issues with people waiting for more games. Right now, I only own two. And it’s certainly not worth getting if you already have a Wii U. But if you don’t have anything, and really want to play BotW, I recommend going for the Switch.

4 Likes

Earlier when I first played the game, my Switch started heating up and the fans turned on, and almost every time I did something other than walk or run around the fans started blowing like crazy. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 Like

Were you playing on handheld, or TV mode?

Handheld.

I love this game…wish I could play it for myself…and/or mod it.

Then yeah, that’s pretty normal. It takes a lot of power to load all the map, so it’s pretty typical for your Switch to sound like an airplane propeller.

1 Like

I just recently picked it up again. Finished my second divine beast, went to visit the Rito, ran around in circles, and fell off about every mountain in the game.

10/10.

3 Likes

I just got the game a few days ago, and I beat waterblight ganon last night.

I love this game, and I love the enemy designs.

2 Likes

Had a ton of fun with the first DLC pack; hope the second one is even better.

1 Like

Trial of the Sword is no joke. If you want Dark Souls Zelda, look no further.

2 Likes

So, I somehow managed to find a Switch; and bought the one game that I really wanted since January of this year: Zelda.

I really like it, even though I’ve just gotten out of the Plateau. Frolicking around the world is so wonderful and there’s so many distractions to keep you occupied. I think the blood moon mechanic is creative. Finding shrines is like finding a little playground, and they’re all dotted around the world.

I will say, though, that I’m not that good at combat. It’s probably because I’ve only had one upgrade (health) and I’m severely underestimating the difficulty level of the game, but I do get beaten very hard sometimes. Anyone have any tips?

1 Like

git gud lol

There are a few techniques that help you in combat. If you backflip (Target + Jump + Back) right before an enemy attacks, you’ll be able to perform a Flurry Rush. Essentially, time slows down, and you can launch a ton of hits. Another technique is to parry an attack with a shield. Just press A right before an attack, and you’ll be able to get a few hits in.

Overall though, you just need to accept that you’ll die a lot in the beginning. I think I died like at least 10 times within my first few hours of playing the game. It will eventually get easier.

3 Likes

The top thing I can suggest for you is what Slime has already suggested:[quote=“Political_Slime, post:117, topic:24786”]
Flurry Rush.
[/quote]

Also, practice, practice, and practice shield parrying. Your life will assuredly depend on it later, especially with the guardians/final boss.

1 Like

There’s a shrine near Kakariko village that teaches the most important combat moves.

2 Likes

Anyone here seen the new Champion’s Ballad DLC trailer?

I think this image sums up things nicely:

5 Likes

Ya I’ve been playing through it, pretty fun so far. And the Master Bike is literally best thing and I need to unlock it ASAP

8 Likes