14k Gold Hau Scam?

It IS slightly different than an actual gold Hau - the legit ones had holes in the temples so it could attach to the necklace it came with.

Though I’d honestly be interested in a replica, provided it was cheaper than a legit one.

1 Like

It’s pretty simple: you can give Shapeways special instructions to put the two holes on the upper sides of the mask, and even the ‘code’ on the part where you’d connect the mask to a head.

I’m starting to get way too involved with this lol.

2 Likes

at least if we see a bunch of gold hau’s show up on ebay we’ll know who to blame.

3 Likes

Can you actually request alterations to models when shapeways prints them?

For the record, the actual Golden Hau comes with a certificate of authenticity. All special limited edition masks come with them, so if the person can’t provide the document it’s likely a fake.

If you fall for this, you only have yourself to blame.

13 Likes

that depends on how hard it is to replicate the certificate of course.

though, this has gotten to the point where it’s such a hassle compared to the payout, that no sane person would ever attempt it.

also,

[quote=“IllustriousVar, post:26, topic:5553”]
If you fall for this, you only have yourself to blame.
[/quote]truth.

9 Likes

Imma reply to this, even though it’s pretty old. Dunno if this board has a rule against commenting on things that are 20 days old.

But as for certificate thing, that can easily be copied.

And yeah, you can ask Shapeways to make specific mods to a mold.

Nope. As far as I’m aware, there aren’t any rules against relevant posting on old topics. (Though most people avoid posting in topics that are 3+ months old…)

3 Likes