14k Gold Hau Scam?

So pretty much everyone knows about Shapeways, and their ability to make pretty much anything that can be made from plastic/metal. So I was browsing for Bionicle stuff and I stumbled upon this.

Since it looks almost exactly like the '01 Hau and you have the ability to make it out of gold, could/would someone take advantage of this and sell it as the legit 14k Hau that was given away via contest, on ebay or something?

5 Likes

If something such as this exists on the internet, it will be exploited.

That’s just logic.

6 Likes

@ToaVuhii agreed

2 Likes

I’m just sitting here wondering if someone has done it yet.

3 Likes

If they had, we’d probably have heard about it by now.

2 Likes

Really? I haven’t heard/seen anything about the 14k Hau themselves in months, before I thought about this.

If I had the money I would buy it and keep it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

even though it’s a replica???

1 Like

Why not? :}

Honestly I don’t care whether it’s authentic or not if it’s solid gold and fits on a mata head I’ll use it.

3 Likes

Alright, alright. I’m pretty sure I have a couple thousand in my bank account. I’ll report back with more info once I get the 14k Hau from Shapeways. Then I’ll sell it for 7,000$ on ebay easy.

1 Like

I’m thinking about buying it in purple plastic :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t bother buying it even if you had the money, as if they tried to scam people the design of the Hau might also be faulty, a different scale or simply not have any friction to allow it to fit to a head

It shows a pic of the mask attached to Tahu and it doesn’t look like it’s going to fall of.
Also why would Mingels (The designer of the mask) Make a faulty mask when (If I am correct) Shape ways gets most if not all the money? Also he probably made it for him self so he wouldn’t intentionally screw him self over.

The Platinum Pakari is more.

1 Like

Dang, forgot about the platinum version of the Hau.

1 Like

while yes, you could try to pass it off as the original gold mask, I don’t anyone wants to put down the cash for it, because if you don’t get a buyer lined up, you’re out a lot of money.

This is made by the guy who did the original CUSSOO zelda project.

Agreed.

2 Likes

Possible, but unlikely. The initial investment is too high. There’s no guarantee anyone will purchase it, and considering that you’re spending nearly $2,000 on it before resale, the potential risk of no one buying it on eBay will probably be enough to deter most people.

-MT

3 Likes