20-Year Anniversary Set?

Have you ever considered the fact that BIONICLE’s 10th anniversary was the first year since its inception that there were not BIONICLE sets?

I’ve never seen LEGO to really celebrate milestones for its original IPs. Brand-wide milestones, yes, notable years in its licenses (i.e. Star Wars) somewhat. But consider the 30th anniversary of LEGO space, one of the earliest and longest lasting “themes” that’s actually a concept lasting multiple themes, and we got a statue of a classic spaceman used as the macguffin of a Space Police III set. (And as far as I’m aware, nothing at all for the 40th.)

6 Likes

make the mask of ultimate power

2 Likes

Whatever happened to the Lego ideas poll?

Until now, nothing we know of. We’ll know when the set is officially announced. So at some unknown time the coming year.

1 Like

Probably around February, since that was when the poll was held. That would coincide with the 1 year anniversary of the poll.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it won’t be Bionicle.

I mean, I’m glad that Lego is commencing a product like this at all, and when the set is released, I will most likely buy it, since I am a longtime Lego fan. Do I want it to be a Bionicle set? Of course I do! But after the huge disappointment that was Sokoda’s Ideas set’s rejection, I don’t think Lego is going to produce a commemorative Bionicle set like that. Some folks might say this…

…and they’re right, I suppose. But behind every pessimist, there is a disappointed optimist, and I am that disappointed optimist.

1 Like

Given how much LEGO’s marketing has shifted so much toward 18+ “Adult” sets, there is no way it is going to be Bionicle. The most “Adult” thing they could pull out of this poll would be maybe at best a large DC2 Castle, but that’s about it.
So yeah, not much reason to be optimistic, if you ask me.

1 Like

Sadly, I don’t think it will be BIONICLE. I bet we’re going to get a remake of that one yellow castle, which i believe is one of, if not the first lego castles.
It’ll probably be entirely in gold

2 Likes

Huh. That’ll be something.

2 Likes

It might not be, but just imagine all that gold. MmMmmmM GooOooLd

2 Likes

I still wish instead of a poll it was a fan submission of models themed around past ranges that sum up TLG’s History, I would have done a train with carriages referencing various ranges in their cargo. Oh well, nothing stopping people from building their own tribute models if Lego doesn’t make their theme of choice.

3 Likes

Lego was founded on August 10th 1932. So I think it’s more likely that it will be at least be July until the set is announced.

2 Likes