2001 builds + 2015 masks

It’s very simple.

Take the 2015 version of a mask of a character that was in G1 Bionicle (such as the Toa) and put it on a body similar to their original body.

Like so.

I’ll be doing the rest of the Toa once I have them all (I only have Onua at the moment).

For now, though, what can you all do?

23 Likes

It haz custem limz end iznd en o1 bilt!
0/8 nut gr8

/s

8 Likes

It feels odd to look at this. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, I’m just saying. I like both generations, but it’s weird to see G2 parts on G1 parts.

4 Likes

I made Onua.

19 Likes

I actually really like this! It is a nice fresh take, but also has allot of G1 as well. Good job!

5 Likes

Man, I just realized how short G1 Onua was.

4 Likes

The one I made is slightly shorter than the original G1 set.

Onua looks really good.
Not sure about Tahu, which is likely because you used your own MOC rather than the official, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

I’m planning to fix Tahu once I get more orange and red CCBS, and actually get Tahu from this year.

I just made two Mata “revamps” wearing 2015 masks and don’t feel they warrant a whole new topic, do you mind if I just post them here? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, that’s fine.

It’s why I said

Post them all. They must be posted.

1 Like

I’ll post them tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, the head looks huge on that type of body…

1 Like

Tahu’s does but Onua’s is proportionally sound

1 Like

I made Onua and Tahu too :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

ze look… worse-ish. well in my eyes. The arms don’t seem to go with that body, the knees seem odd and disproportionate, and Tahu’s sword is weird…

1 Like

Tahu’s sword is a bit weird, yeah.
I however, do enjoy the look of these. Kinda makes me want to make my own.

4 Likes

You should. There fun. Especially using the rubber “1 by 2” technic pieces as the substitute for the gears holding the arms in to make a “Karate chop” feature :smile:

1 Like

I recently got Kopaka, so I figured it’s about time I updated this.

thats a uh

thats a long neck he’s got

3 Likes