2015 Wairuha! (Not really.) (WIP)

So, I felt like building a toa kaita, and I built this in around an hour.

Also keep in mind that this is not based on any previous appearance of Wairuha. I just kinda slapped on some pieces 'til it looked good.

FRONT VIEW:

BACK VIEW:

CLOSE-UP OF TRIPLE GEAR BOX:

6 Likes

Why triple? Serves no real purpose other than to make those wiiiidddeee shoulders.

3 Likes

@noob1234
Callback to the older Kaita?

They never had 3 in a row though. Just 2, and then one for the lower torso.

2 Likes

Well, the middle gearbox isn’t really being used as a gearbox, at least from the looks of it, but rather to connect the two shoulder gearboxes whilst still being able to use a CCBS torso for the center. Granted, that goes against the original Kaita aesthetic, but artistic liberties, I guess. Sorry for misspeaking there. Probably shouldn’t have been up this late, anyway.

1 Like

Hey, no worries man. :slight_smile: Was just wondering what you were trying to do there since it looked a little clunky. I actually like the way it looks a lot, other than the wide shoulders! If they were just a bit narrower this would be great. And I know too well that feeling of being up too late but not wanting to stop what you’re doing… xD

1 Like

Yeah, that’s currently what I’m trying to fix.

Interesting concept, not so good in action. Narrow the shoulders and clean up the chest though, and it’ll be just fine.

I probably won’t, I’ve since scrapped it and I doubt I’ll ever rebuild it.