2059: The Invasion

“Hey Doug, you wanna go to war with me?” Ash asked.

“War?” Doug asked, half focused on the info dump that he had been slammed with.

“The Mark war, where all the marks fight to the death to see who the real Mark is.” She replied.

Doug scratched the back of his head,“But, uh, I’m not Mark.”

“It won’t matter if we win.” Ash answered.

1 Like

“Hmmm… Could you check the upper floors? I’m going to look around the first floor and punch a bunch of holes in the floor. I’m willing to bet they have some secret dungeon or something.”

Caesar wouldn’t’ve found much on the upper floors. However, Carlie’s punching of the floor would reveal something: A secret cellar, which resembled a ritual room.It was by no means a dungeon, but definitely contained some clues, and was worth a look.

Carlie would call up to Diero to try and alert him to the secret cellar, and then would jump down herself. She’d look around for other secret doors, having her Stand punch the floor and walls to attempt to find other secret doors.

The stand punches would yeild no deeper levels. This cellar was all there was.
It would be best to explore this cellar first.

Carlie begins looking around the cellar.

Ash motioned for Doug to pick her up,“Attention assembled Marks!” She shouted,“I, Badger-Mark, and my friend, Wolf-Mark, welcome you to this glorious, uh, what’s a fancy word for occasion?”

“Occasion,” Doug whispered loudly.

“Occasion,” Continued Ash,“We have gathered today so that we may fight to the death-”

“I never agreed to this,” Doug hissed.

“Hush,“She replied,“so that we can determine who the most Remarkable Mark of all the Marks is. Who’s ready for trial by combat!” Shouted Ash.” I used alliteration so you know it’s legit.”

@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika

1 Like

“Alright, I’ll check.” Caesar checks the upper floor(s) as well. @Mctoran

He lifted it out, then poked his head through.

@Omega_Tahu

“A hero! We’ll show you just what we’re made of. Those who underestimate us soon regret it. Now my apprentice, do as I have tought you and we’ll have her running for the hills!”
Dr. Skull said confidently.

“Yes sir!”
Sheila said eagerly.

Two wings extended from Sheila’s back and she rose into the air. Both her hands shifted to blasters and opened fire on Daydream. Dr. Skull spun his staff above his head and stamped it on the ground. From the rock and pavement rose three skeleton warriors, one of which was atop a skeleton bull. All of which charged at her.

2 Likes

“Gah!” Daydream dives out of the way, buying herself enough time to create a circular shield. She tucks herself behind the shield, letting Shiela’s fire deflect off the surface. It works out well enough… until the skeletons charge her. She throws the shield at the first skeleton, continuing to backpedal away from the blaster fire. The shield vanishes after it hits (or is deflected) and she changes tactics, creating an illusion of a wall between herself and the skeletons. The wall doesn’t appear realistic in the slightest; it’s a black textureless thing, with the edges simply fading into nonexistence rather than coming to a defined stop. But hey, maybe it’ll fool the skeletons.

1 Like

Sheila continues her fire, quick and unrelenting.

The skeleton struck with the sheild falls to pieces, only seeming slightly annoyed. It reassembled itself rather quickly.

The other skeletons look at the wall, confused and utterly dumbstruck. As if they had never seen anything like it before.

“You blasted bones heads! It isn’t even real! Attack!”
Dr. Skull struck the skeleton bull in the headquarters with his staff. The beast reared up and charged through the illusion.

@jayzor17

1 Like

Yakiv and mule both raised their weapons and started firing, mule tossed out an incendiary grenade as both of them sprayed bullets like it was the Valentine’s Day massacre of 1929

@Khalsa721
@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika

Hydron heard a familiar voice “Remember me?” He was suddenly grabbed and thrown into a wall. He quickly rose up again. “I’ll make myself not remember you again!” He growled and heated himself, making a glimpse of light.

After exploring the maze for some time, and avoiding some traps, Mark thought that he had come to the door leading to Sadie.
However, a white fist suddenly came out of nowhere to shatter Mark’s hopes, as well as his jaw.
As he fell back, he saw the looming figure of White Hood looming over him. “Long time no see, Mark…” White hood said as cracking his knuckles.
“Wait a minute…Black Hood?!” Mark said in realization. “Not anymore. I am now, White Hood.” White Hood responded, firing a Unibeam at Mark.
Mark dodged, deflecting it with his shield.
White Hood ducked to avoid the deflected unibeam, pulling out his katanas and swinging wildly at Mark. Mark met the katanas with his own sword, sparring fiercely with White Hood through the labrynth. “Such ferocity!” White Hood said as he continued to Battle Mark. “But I of all people should know: Rage blinds you!” he said, punching Mark in the ribs and sending him to the ground. Mark coughed up some blood, and rolled to the side as he rose back up. “And so do distractions.” Mark retorted, as a booby trap was activated and White Hood was thwacked in the head by a spiked wheel, knocked unconscious.

Mark savored the triumph for a moment, before continuing to navigate the maze.

@Monopoly
Finally, Mark came to the door that he thought Sadie was behind for sure. However, there was a slight…obstacle in his way. A large, tentacled obstacle, guarding the door. Mark stared at it in confusion for a moment, before the horrifying realization dawned on him. “No…you…” Mark gasped, taking a few steps back as he realized who was guarding the door:

Scrapper.

“Oh hi Mark. Been wondering when you’d show up. You wanna fight or something, cause it’s been pretty boring standing in front of this door all day.”

1 Like

Step aside, Scrapper. I will not ask a second time.” Mark hissed, preparing to unsheathe his sword if he would need to use it.

“NO! Everyone else is going round setting traps and stuff, but all I have to do is stand in front of this stupid door, and I’m not going to mess that up.”

2 Likes

Mark firmed his battle stance against Scrapper. “You really wanna finish this?!" he said, unsheathing his sword flipping it in his hand. "Let’s do it!” Mark shouted as he slashed his sword at Scrapper.

“Why don’t they just put a lock on the door?! It’d be easier than me having to stand here!”

2 Likes