3D Blender: Skakdi Kanohi Miru (Help from 3D modelers welcome!)

Hello everyone!

So… I’m in a bit of a quest right now. I want to make a Kanohi Miru fitting for the Skakdi head model.

I got Blender and I have started modeling the mask, but I might need some help if anyone is open to collaborating (I need to figure out the exact proportions). Also, any suggestions are welcome too!

16 Likes

All the standard rubber Piraka spines have drawn, smooth mouths set in a scowl (with the exception of thok). The Miru is a grin, so making an exaggerated grin is going to be key to passing it off as a Miru.

Also, you’ll want to have the teeth be as exposed as possible to really replicate the Skakdi look. Getting the middle bean is going to be a challenge, though.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, I do think that the middle bean will have to fit very snugly onto the teeth, so the proportions will have to be very exact. I’ll also work on the grin.

(Also, taking a look back, I think the spikes I added on top might distract from the Miru aesthetic)

Just updated the model a bit, thoughts?

4 Likes

Is this a mask or a Skakdi face? Because if it’s a face–and it probably should be, since Skakdi don’t wear masks–then you’ve got a chunk of flesh connecting the top and bottom lips at the front of the mouth, which seems inconvenient.

2 Likes