3D Le-Matoran

I thought I would make my first post and show you one of my Models that I did several years ago. This is Lakrah a Le matoran from one of the southern islands.

I used to model Bionicle parts when I was younger to help me practice getting parts accurate. The hands were taken from a mech I was working on at the time and the seemed to fit pretty well. and he has far more poseability than the actual set model.

I went a little heavy on the shadows in this one.

And every green skinned maniac needs a straight man so I gave him this…

not sure where I was going with that.

Anyway should I do more models of my bionicle mocs? Can you think of any funny situations these two can get into? I would love to hear your thoughts.

34 Likes

So, wait a second. You modeled each part? If that’s the case then that’s quite amazing.

That’s pretty cool

i hope there will be more like this.

Pretty interesting. I’d love to see more!

1 Like

Yeah I made all the pieces myself. Have redone several of the pieces since I took these, to make them to reduce the polycount and make it easier to work with.

If I remember correctly none of the matoran have realistic proportions. [quote=“DarkHenrik, post:5, topic:26743, full:true”]
i hope there will be more like this.
[/quote]

I am working on remaking my first model of Makuta Krika, I will put them in a scene together.

6 Likes

Pretty awesome.
A good mask choice, too.

The build is pretty standard but it’s a very nice render.

this is a really cool render

If you modeled everything on your own then that is quite impressive.
If not, still cool.

Dude, this looks excellent! What did you uses, Maya, 3Ds Max or Blender?

1 Like

I made this over 6 years ago, I wasn’t very good at the time so just needed something simple to make. Unlike the sets the pieces don’t come pre made either,
heheh.[quote=“Neowulf, post:11, topic:26743, full:true”]
If you modeled everything on your own then that is quite impressive.If not, still cool.
[/quote]
I did indeed. I was recruited into the BNG group to be one of their modelers. They weren’t very organised and after several months of nothing I decided to leave.

I was waiting for someone to ask me this. I used Cinema 4D, its not the most popular program but it is the one I am able to use best. Are you a 3D modeler yourself?

1 Like

I’m studying animation in University. We use the aforementioned programs bar Blender (though they don’t have anything against it). I lean more towards 3DS Max myself.