3D Printed Chain Lightning Bohrok Shield

While doing electric-themed stuff I also drew a sketch of a staff. It was intended for a Turaga, but I imagine a Bohrok Va could carry it as well.

Although I was asked to draw a sword next, so I think it’s more likely to get a 3D model of that. ^^

2 Likes

Now you need to get that on shape ways.

1 Like

Looks sweet man!

1 Like

3D Printed!

I actually had the opportunity to 3D print this! :blush:
What do you think?

I realised the pin-holes are in the wrong size, that’s something I need to fix.

11 Likes

Awesome work! I plan on 3D printing this using my school’s printer (just to give you a heads up on that I’m using it).

I plan on constructing some sort of chain lighting bohrok based off of what you guys would like to see. Are there any color scheme suggestions?

My school’s printer can print in various of colors, even trans plastics… I can’t wait to see how this piece turns out! Thanks for making the file available!

2 Likes

It’s really cool to hear that you want to print this, be sure to let me know when you have done it so I can see! :blush:

Not sure about colors, maybe Bright light orange and Trans-blue…? (and silver?)

Also, if you have some weapon drawings or something you want me to make, feel free to contact me :wink:

1 Like

Triggered…

But yeah if I had more money I would print this off as well.

2 Likes

Totally! I’ll post it here once it’s all finalized, may take a few days(exams and such) but I will surely show you guys. I was thinking a similar color scheme as well. I will see what I can do about the trans blue, although I do own Photoshop, so some color correction could easily be pulled off. :wink: I’m also curious about your custom weapon designs, I have a few ideas… but that will be for another time.
@Dragon_Ben
Woops… fixed that :joy:

heads up, The printer I planned to use at my school has been broken for a while. I decided to go through some extra favors to get the piece printed instead.

It took absurdly long thanks to multiple internal problems with the printer, I was finally able to get my hands on the darn thing and get printing. They turned out great, and I was lucky enough to get them printed in the yellow color that was suggested as the 7th bohrock’s color scheme. I’ll need to sand off remaining extra plastic, then construct a makeshift bohrock and head to photoshop.

3 Likes

That’s really cool! Makes me happy to see someone print it :blush:
Let me know when you’re done with your bohrok so I can see. Good luck on your project!

2 Likes

I hope this thread isn’t too dead after 2 years. I’ve taken the design and remade it in Fusion 360, and 3D Printed it in Transparent Yellow, here are my pictures:

10 Likes

Omg, that is really awesome! I think the thread is pretty dead, but I’m very happy to see that my model isn’t, Great work! ^^

1 Like

Really glad you like it! We should talk sometime if you’re available on Discord or other platforms where its easier to chat. :slight_smile:

1 Like