8957 Mining Mech Revamp

Hello everyone.

Recently on a friend’s Discord server a challenge was issued to create something Power Miners themed. I ended up creating this revamp of set “8957 Mining Mech”. It is quite a departure from the original in many ways. My goal here was to carry over the most iconic design elements while bulking out the mech. I’m fairly happy with how this thing turned out.

I hope you all enjoyed : )

• Vexus
35 Likes

Looks well made, very solid, could we have more images showing the arm tools, I can make out the saw blades but not the other arm’s attachment.

2 Likes

I added some better images of the arm tools for ya.

1 Like

I really enjoy this moc. It is such a good upgrade from the original which I also enjoyed very much. I almost want to study this and rebuild it!

1 Like

Ooh, I like it! Wow, two revamps of some of my first sets in one day…

Definitely much cool than the original! Now I need to feel sad about only owning one Power Miner set…

1 Like

Ok now i can see the arms, the claw and blades are simple yet effective in design, well done.

1 Like

I really like the look of this due to the amount of bulk you were able to add, which makes it look a lot more like a mech than the old one. The upgraded claw arm is pretty good too

1 Like

It’s as if the original set was outfitted for Pacific Rim.

1 Like

this should have been a set!