A bird flew into my house

I was just about to go to bed when I heard a camotion outside my room. It sounded like an animal had got into the house somehow and was near my door so I didn’t want to open it for fear of entering my room. After some communication I left my room and to my surprise it was not a mouse like I thought it was but a bird. It was a small brown bird pretty plain in style. We got it to land on a board and let it out a window where it just sat. At first we thought it may be injured but it flew into the roof shortly after. Apparently it has a best with two eggs built on top of a wreath on our front door. None of us are quite sure what to do about it. Moving the nest would most likely result in the mother never returning so we don’t want to do that. On the other hand we need to use that door.

I wanted to share this for your enjoyment but also so I could get some advice on what we should do.

7 Likes

Do you have a side door or back door?

We have a back door but it wood be kind of annoying to have to use that all the time. Luckily it’s not like we’re going to have visitors anytime soon. We’ve considered using a window that is near the door to get in and out but even that is probably too close to the nest.

Hard boil the eggs

That’s certainly interesting. I’m not sure of a good solution tbh

I know a bird managed to get into my house and die, and it started stinking up the place.

2 Likes

The one that got in mine pooped on the floor. Luckily it was on hard wood so it was easy to deal with.

1 Like

What ended up happening with this debacle?

2 Likes

The birds grew up and flew away. We just had to wait a little over a month for it to happen. Once they were gone, we threw out the nest, and the wreath that it was on. Both them, and the door was covered in poop.

3 Likes

You should have made omelets

Omelets for mice maybe.

Omelette singular then

very noice

A bird flew into my house a few minutes ago. It’s gone now.

3 Likes

A bird fell down the chimney of my garage

It flew away eventually

4 Likes

How’d you get so close?

it all began when their eyes met on a moonlit evening

4 Likes

And the rest, as they say, is a bit too close to bat-simping for Ghid’s comfort.

Actually, I think it instinctively tried to fly when it fell down the flue, and it’s such a confined space it must have injured it’s wing. I left the door open while I was in the back lot and by the time I came back it had gone, so I think it was ultimately okay.

EDIT 22 MONTHS LATER

A woodpecker just woodpecked my house and it freaked me out because it sounded like a door creaking open

3 Likes