A Confusing Conundrum: an ai generated story made like a year ago

Chapter 1

N01 and his son, cordax Are two hoodie-clad agents working for the men in black, but all of that changed when one day they discovered a new species.

“It is time to show you something important.” N01 said as he stepped out from behind the curtains with his son at his side. The young man looked nervous, but nodded his head up and down anyway. There was an audience, and N01 didn’t want to disappoint them. He took the boy by the hand and led him over to a large table covered in instruments, then began explaining what they were doing here on their world. “We have been studying this planet’s lifeforms, trying to learn about it so we could better understand our place within its ecosystem.”

The boy listened carefully as N01 went through each animal and plant, listing their common names and some of their characteristics. Then he continued into his own classification system, naming each group according to how closely related they were to other groups. This was where the boy began to look more uncomfortable, but N01 kept talking. “For example, this is the avian family. They are very intelligent animals, capable of complex tasks, such as flying, finding food, or even constructing nests.”

“Why don’t you show me?” The boy asked.

The father smiled and pulled a small device out of his pocket. It resembled nothing like any bird the boy had ever seen before. He thought back to his childhood, when his mother would read him stories about birds with feathers that shined in the sunlight. The bird in front of him now reminded him of those birds. It had a long body and a short neck, but it also had a long tail, three rather than two wings, and a beak. When it opened its mouth wide, however, he saw teeth instead of feathers. “This is a nocturnal species,” N01 explained. “They can fly at night because the light from the moon reflects off their feathers.”

“And what do they eat?” The boy asked.

The father laughed. “My son, I am glad you asked! In order to survive on a planet like this, these creatures must find food that is not found anywhere else.”

The boy looked confused. “But I still don’t understand why you brought me here. You showed me all the animals already.”

“That’s right. Now I will show you the plants.” N01 pointed towards a large container filled with colorful flowers.

Suddenly an explosion rocked the building, sending it shaking. Dust and pieces of wood rained down onto the stage, covering everything in sight. N01 fell to the ground, coughing violently. His son reached for him, but the older man pushed him away. “Stay there! Don’t touch anything!”

N01 rolled over onto his back, struggling to breathe. He saw another explosion, this time much closer. The sound of gunfire came next, followed by cries of pain and terror. N01 scrambled to his feet and looked around at the newfound destruction surrounding them. Soldiers were pouring through the doors now, shooting at anyone who got too close.

The boy ran over to his father and grabbed him by the arm. “Dad, what’s happening? Where are the soldiers coming from?”

N01 coughed, and blood began to pour from his mouth. “I don’t know,” he gasped. “But we need to get out of here. Now!”

N01 turned and pulled the boy away from the building. All around them, people were running or hiding as they tried to escape the chaos. N01 and his son made their way up the stairs to the balcony, watching as a group of soldiers stormed into the cafeteria below. They burst through the door, guns drawn, and began firing in every direction. A few of the civilians managed to duck or hide, but others weren’t as lucky. One of the soldiers fired directly into the face of a woman as she ran past, spraying her brains across the walls and floor. Another soldier aimed his gun at someone on the balcony above them, but N01 dove forward to shield the boy. The bullet grazed his shoulder, but it missed the child completely.

N01 pulled the boy aside and looked down at him. “Run,” he whispered. “Don’t stop until you’re safe.”

The boy nodded, and together they raced down the stairs and out of the building. As they did, N01’s mind wandered to the last time he’d heard the sound of gunshots. He remembered the morning he woke up to find that his wife and daughter had been taken. That day began a slow descent into madness, and after three years without seeing them again, he’d given up hope of ever seeing them again.

He knew it had only been a matter of time before they discovered his secret laboratory. He’d built it just in case he needed a place to hide when his work was done. The lab hadn’t been used in quite some time, but now it was the perfect place to run to. N01’s fear of discovery faded as he realized that he wouldn’t have to go to any lengths to keep the others from discovering him.

There was another blast, this one much louder than the others. It was followed by screams of pain, a large plume of smoke, and the crash of several bodies hitting the ground. N01 felt his heart skip a beat as he recognized the voice of the man he’d been listening to moments earlier. “Where are you hiding, N01?” He screamed, breaking his radio silence. “Come out and face me, or I’ll send my men right inside your lab!”

N01 shook his head, turning away from the building. He didn’t care if they found him or not. If they wanted to kill him, they would have to find a way to do so without hurting his son. N01’s mind reeled, trying to think of a place to take the boy where they wouldn’t be killed. Then he remembered the village of his wife’s tribe. It was far enough away that they might actually survive, which was all that mattered.

He started to sprint down the road towards his car. The explosions were getting closer now, and he could hear shouts of joy mixed in with the gunfire. “Go!” He yelled at his son. “Run! Run as fast as you can!”

The boy nodded, taking off at a full run. N01 watched him go, smiling to himself. He couldn’t help feeling excited at the idea of seeing his family again. He quickly made his way to his car, which was parked nearby, and climbed inside. Just as he put the key in the ignition, a loud gunshot rang out, followed by a second shot. N01’s smile disappeared instantly. He knew what that meant.

His car exploded moments later, sending him flying into the air. The force of the explosion sent him soaring forward, smashing straight into the ground. N01 lay on the ground, staring up at the sky as the dust settled. He tried to move, but his body wouldn’t respond. He could feel a hole in his side, and his vision was clouding over. N01 closed his eyes, trying to remember the last words he’d spoken before this happened.

“Oh God…” He muttered.

5 Likes

It is done

5 Likes

oh no not this again

5 Likes