A glimpse of a few of my MOCs

It’s okay. You were speaking your mind. I completely understand that it was a critique. And I honestly think a 6/10 isn’t all that bad, considering that people have made these monstrously sized MOCs. Like that one that was a minotaur on wheels. As I 've said a few times in this topic already. I had no idea those were overused. I’ve never done them before, so I wanted to put my own spin onto it.

@Hawkflight Sorry for all the comments. I’m just trying to clean up a mess that I sorta helped start.

1 Like

Some small MOCs are much, much better than some huge MOCs.

3 Likes

Yeah. I understand that. Size isn’t everything. It’s the build quality that matters.

2 Likes

i’m slowly losing faith in the bionicle community :L

It’s unfortunately a thing that happens in all communities. The brony fandom is certainly no exception. But I digress, they were speaking for the community as a whole. They have become way too accustomed to this form of MOC and it’s now boring in their eyes. I understand that now. But I think the reason it’s been used so much is because the colors just fit SO well together.

Well, with the color scheme and rahkshiead, yes, but (at least for me) the issue with the nuva boob/thin waist is the bad proportions and implied sexualizing of the MOC.

2 Likes

And yet Roodaka, the most sexualized canon character of them all is loved by quite a few people. Am I right? cough cough she’s on your picture cough cough

1 Like

That is certainly true, but I’d argue she isn’t nearly as bad as some of the builds from Biorockdude and others like him. (And keep in mind that I’m not directing this at you specifically; I’m simply explaining why I take issue with it, and suggesting that you try to avoid doing it in future MOCs.)

I’ll also be perfectly honest and say that while I do like Roodaka a lot, it’s more for her character and the general Vortixxian form, and I’m not all too pleased with the creative decisions going into her chest area, if you know what I mean. Again, to quote and paraphrase what I said above:

In short: You goofed up here, sexualization is bad, try not to let it happen again. I won’t deny that I’m somewhat hypocritical in this regard as I’ve also done something similar in a Vamprah Revamp from a while back, but I learned from those mistakes and got better; I trust that you can as well. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I actually have another MOC that I made that’s female and doesn’t have that much of a chest at all. I don’t know If I posted her on dA, but I used Hahli Mari’s maks for her. She also has a sort of Inka build to her. But she does have a pretty interesting color scheme that consists of Metru Blue as the primary, Mata Nui Yellow for the secondary and silver as a third color. It’s well spread out and very consistent. If you’re interested in seeing it, I’ll be more than happy to post it.

2 Likes

It sounds like it could be cool. :slight_smile:

Vamprah is male.

4 Likes

actually

roodaka as a set is disliked

as a character she is perfectly fine.

4 Likes

Canonically, yes. I do believe I have already established that I often bend Canon into a tight pretzel if it’s convenient for me, however. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here she is. Her name is Mahriah. (I like silent "h"s, can you tell? XD)

Well what do you know. The dang site will take my pics now… -_-

5 Likes

you should rename this moc to your moc topic
:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You more than likely won’t be seeing me make large MOCs, because one, I have no patience to do it. Two, work gets in the way too much. Three I have little to no experience with building large models. And four, I like to make things that could be viewed as actual sets.

Large mocs?

I did not say anything about large mocs?
I just said that you should post your mocs on this one topic.

Yeah. That’s why I changed the topic name. I just went slightly off topic for a minute. It was nothing you said.

None too shabby; the build, while simple, looks nice, and the color scheme works rather well. If you don’t mind some (this time actually constructive) criticism, I will say that the yellow is a bit overpowering on the knees and the back of the upper arms; I’d suggest replacing those hand pieces with Metru Blue or Silver ones. The front of the body is somewhat similarly coated in silver, but that works better as it is remnicient of the Inika chests, while still being a custom build, so good job there. :smile:

Aside from that, I’d suggest maybe switching the Piraka and Rahkshi limbs around on her lower arms and legs, just to see how that would look; I don’t know if it’ll necessarily work, but her arms seem a bit too long to me at the moment.

Last, this is a personal preference thing so don’t pay me too much mind here, but I’ve personally felt that giving hair to non-Vortixx or non-Glatorian MOCs, regardless of gender, just looks kind of weird. Again, this is just me, though, and I do like your honestly rather ingenious method of attatching the ponytail.

1 Like

Thanks. :smiley: I don’t remember if I saw that anywhere or not, so I won’t take credit for it. As for the limbs being switched…

I don’t have enough Metru Blue hands… .-.

Edit: The Piraka legs(but as arms) work better for her, facing forward. Gives her slightly more elbow movement.