A glimpse of a few of my MOCs

They don’t hate it when people make female MOCs that look female.

They hate it when people use the same techniques over and over, especially ones that are non-proportionate.

That’s no longer creative, it’s simply copying what others have done.

Incorrect, most MOCers get good reception. This just wasn’t the best way to start out.

In what way are we overzealous? That is not the definition.

I will admit some of his MOCs are decent to good.

Just not any of the ones with Rahkshi heads, not counting Detox.

I’m sorry if I seem hostile, but you’re overreacting to critique. With some modifications, this could be a pretty good simple MOC. Just

Just saying this though, the sword is good.

2 Likes

Yes, and I’ll repeat what I might not have said clearly the first time: Removing the Rahkshi head and Nuva boobs, and giving her a different color scheme will take her out of “kill it with fire” territory into “it’s an okay MOC” for most people.

I’ll say for the record that the build is good quality, but noticing these common traits destroys that fact for most people, and without them, your MOCs will probably be well received.

2 Likes

Thank you! Something I didn’t add was that she’s also very kindhearted, but can be very vicious when she needs to be. She’s grown to like the island and it’s inhabitants. Though obviously, she wasn’t very welcomed at first. She needed to prove herself loyal to the Turaga and Matoran before they properly welcomed her to the island. She helped out with many tasks around the island. Tidying, building and fixing. As well as warding off the vicious Rahi that Mata Nui was populated it.

@Ekorak I thank you for being honest. I just wish people would word things nicer. “0/10. Nope.”

You know, while a noticed the tropes myself,
(the rahkshi head was the only thing I didn’t think looked alright, even then it’s just my preference, as I think the “nuva boobs” look more like armor than anything with how they’re positioned.)
I would never have posted so blatantly harshly as most here, seriously guys, I thought some of the criticisms I have gotten were harsh…

I learned a while ago to just not bother, as almost no one will read anything you explain in the main post and will instead just glance at the moc and tell you if they like it or not,
the backstory is alright, though I’m pretty sure the rahi’s masks don’t actually give them powers (citation needed), also, I would like to know just what she is, as you didn’t actually mention a species, I assume makuta.

[quote=“Toa_Ignicus, post:17, topic:6225”]
I don’t build MOCs for praise from others. I build MOCs because I want to make something that I like out of these pieces.
[/quote]I think we’ll get along fine :smile:

oh, and the moc itself

I like it, the only thing I think looks off is the shoulders(I have a shoulder design that uses the nuva armor that would improve that), otherwise the legs are nice, the weapon’s fine, I personally don’t like the rahkshi head because it looks doofy without a bottom jaw, but the hair is some of the best I’ve seen, very character rich, I really like how the wings are positioned.

I hope to see more from you. :smiley:

*addendum:*I would like to add that I also agree with Ek.

5 Likes

Thanks. I tried really hard to make a GOOD torso design, and not give her armor that was static when she moved.(Reference to my earlier version of her that can be seen in my earlier pics on dA) So I thought, “Why not give her a ‘poll’ that moved with her torso”? IMO, I think it turned out nicely.

@Payinku Thank you for your incite. And yes, I know the Rahkshi head thing is overdone, but as I said before. I’ve never done it before and I wanted to put my own spin onto it. I honestly haven’t decided what she is yet. I was thinking of “Elite Rahkshi”, but that would just rustle even more jimmies then I’ve already rustled… I’m thinking of giving her a new type of species name. Something that’s never been used before. But then, yet again, I’d managed to anger someone else, because then I’d be inserting a new element into Bionicle… There’s just no Win-Win scenario here…

3 Likes

I have a cure-all I like to use in backstories that fits in nicely with canon. It’s called Energised Protodermis. Lol

5 Likes

I’ve actually made a male moc that oddly enough looks to be of the same species,
I just called him a makuta because they all look so different, I could definitely see her as a similar looking makuta (makuta don’t have to be evil).

friendly advice, you should really read the boards rules, you seem to double post a lot.

1 Like

Wait… Makutas don’t HAVE to be evil? Are you sure??

Double post? What’s that? I’m just replying as I’m going along. It’s hard to keep up, you know.

2 Likes

can’t tell if sarcasm or not…

No. I honestly didn’t know what double posting was. I looked at the rules and I still don’t know how to fix it. I have no idea how to reply to two or multiple people at once. I’m still very new here.

2 Likes

I was refering to the makuta comment as well.

when you want to reply to multiple people at a time, use @name to show you are replying to them like:

reply post
@person2
@person3
etc.

as making a reply post to everyone clutters the boards.

also, you are allowed to double post in creative content if the second post is an update to the topic.

2 Likes

Usually I’ll do “@” and type their name, like: @IllustriousVar Thank you for helping a community member out! and you can highlight text( as if you were copy and pasting) and a " quote reply" should pop up. This helps clarify what you are specifically talking about.

Oh. Okay. And as for the Makuta question, I was totally serious. Usually when I’m being sarcastic, it will follow with something like, Obvious sarcasm is obvious. But no. I was being serious. Makuas don’t have to be evil? I’ve never seen a not evil Makuta in the stories.

@Corex11 So when replying with quotes, it gets highlighted? I still know absolutely nothing about this site, so I’m willing to take up some pointers.

3 Likes

well, I doubt teridax killed a bunch of makuta that didn’t want to join his revolution movement because he thought they looked funny. though even then I doubt more than a few could be classified as “nice”, even using the definition loosely.ex:Krika

1 Like

Hmmm… I suppose. But Makuta Larenah is still a far stretch in my book at least. But it’s definitely a thought.

1 Like

Lolz, like, say when you’re going to copy some text, you hold down left click and drag across the text you desire, then release and a “quote reply” should pop up. Click that and it will be added to your post :wink:

2 Likes

Ah! So THAT’S how it works. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :smile:

blip! Oh hey! Apparently I got an achievement for quoting! Yay for me? XD

4 Likes

Neutral view- definitely effeminate

JMP- don’t worry, I had a kamiya with nuva boobs , a thin waist, and oversized proportions, I know the feeling. Alright moc for a new guy though

[quote=“Payinku, post:29, topic:6225”]
I personally don’t like the rahkshi head because it looks doofy without a bottom jaw,
[/quote]just caught this, I don’t really care if things are “overdone” I just don’t like how it looks like it has no bottom jaw…

2 Likes

Thanks, but I’ve actually been improving her for three years now. Here’s what she originally looked like. Lareanah (updated) by Toa-Ignicus on DeviantArt The MOC actually goes back farther than this if you can imagine a black Metru chest plate and no wings.

@Payinku

What don’t you like about it not having a lower jaw? It was modeled like that, so the head piece could be easily removed. Honestly, there is no easy way around that.