A glimpse of a few of my MOCs

Actually, I found it looked more masculine then most torsos with nuva boobs, and looks average

So how would you say I could Improve on the arms? Specifically, the upper arms. Iā€™d like to keep that slight medieval vibe to it, if I can.

@Payinku Iā€™d also like your input on this as well.

Remove the nuva shoulders a, try finding a Knights kingdom shoulder plate, try finding a custom upper arm that might even improve arm articulation

I have a custom upper arm that would be perfect in that case.
HugeDomains.com
toa destinusā€™ upper arm I think would work.

(also I figured Iā€™d link my moc topic for you to get two birds with one stone.)

Is that shoulder piece as small or around the same size as a Metru double socket joint? I donā€™t want to give her arms too much length.

1 Like

same length, the sockets arenā€™t aligned though.

Though of course, that means her shoulders would also become widerā€¦ She already has awkwardly wide shoulders as is.

call it armor?

1 Like

I suppose. Though I donā€™t think I have to proper angles to try and replicate it.

could you expand on that?

1 Like

The camera angles. I canā€™t really see all too clearly on what piece attaches where.

I plan to have a (moc)photo shoot tomorrow, I can take better pictures then.

Waitā€¦ I think I can see it. Iā€™ll try to replicate it, post it to my Sta.sh and then link a pic to you and hope I built it right. Iā€™ll possibly do that tomorrow, given itā€™s late and I have a Bionicle parts tote that makes lost of noise when rummaging through it.

So while I still have you guysā€™ attention, what are the fanā€™s opinions on using Vahki heads?

2 Likes

Vahki heAds are fine, but some prefer custom heads

1 Like

I ask, because I have another MOC that is basically a mini Vortixx with an Inika like build. Sheā€™s all blue. Youā€™ve probably seen her if you went through my dA gallery.

2 Likes

Depends on how you use it, really. Iā€™ve seen some pretty awful uses, and some pretty great ones. Iā€™ve used it as a head, as shoulders, and as waist armour. If you mean specifically as a head, itā€™s probably alright unless you do something spectacularly terrible with it.

A bit of personal advice learned in my younger MOCing days - donā€™t use Bohrok eyes with it; (at least, not as actual eyes) it gives the head a really awkwardly top-heavy look that just doesnā€™t work all that well. It would also be a good idea to give it a Roodaka-styled lower jaw.

2 Likes

Funny, because I actually used red claw(horn) pieces as the eyes as an illegal connection, but it still looked pretty good. I didnā€™t have any spare clear exo-force hands lying aroundā€¦ Her head is almost a clone of Roodakaā€™s if you donā€™t count the eyes.

1 Like

I personally think not too many people are really all that concerned about illegal connections; the big thing to worry about is if theyā€™ll stay in - if so, then great! And yeah; I think the Exo-Force claws only come in grey or black with the exception of Roodakaā€™s trans-orange ones. (Otherwise Iā€™d use some green ones on my own Vortixx MOC.)

1 Like

Iā€™ll take a picture for you and upload it soon for you to see. Iā€™ll even do a full-body shot for you, if you so wish. Disclaimer: Sheā€™s a VERY simple MOC, but she has a consistent color scheme.

Here she is. 20150221 014402 - Toa-Ignicus's Sta.sh

And hereā€™s the head closeup. 20150221 014357 - Toa-Ignicus's Sta.sh

Off to bed now. Iā€™ll reply on your thoughts in the morning.

1 Like

Jeez, I turn my back for a few hours and the whole place is a mess.

Anyways, to elaborate on my earlier review, some design choices I like (the sword, the wings), whilst others I consider cons more out of personal preference, like the color scheme or the Nuva boobs, or as I usually call them, Bio-Boobs. Also, that chain hair looks a bit off, looking too big in comparison to the head. I actually didnā€™t know those concepts were so overused. I was just lukewarm to the overall result. The more you know, I guess.

3 Likes