A mask concept for the g1 mask of creation(not a contest entry)

Hello boards,

Today I want to share with you a g1 mask of creation concept I drew. As a design student I felt it could be fun to take on the challenge of designing a depiction of a previously unkown canon mask and what better for me to do than the mask of creation.

This artwork of the mask has been made with the help from the tips and tricks I’ve aquired/learn from our sketch classes. Most notably in how the shadow effect is made but also bit of perspective techniques has been used.

Here is the result:

Note: that the picture has been edited a bit that’s because the lighting at my desk and dorm is really awful. Also the markers used didn’t exactly give me the shade of gold I wanted.

Here is the original pic for reference:

As for why this isn’t a contest entry well it has to do with my confidence in my art skills, drawing a mask will always be easier than drawing a whole figure. Thusly I don’t feel a complete contest entry will do my design justice as the rest of the drawing might be worse than the mask. Otherwise I’m pretty happy with it.

Feedback and constructive critiscm is always welcomed, hope you enjoyed taking a look at my mask concept.

Thanks for reading!
//Tarkur

Edit: threw together this edit of the mask on the canon arthaka design:

11 Likes

Nice design! It sort of reminds me of Greek Corinthian helmets

Here’s what the winning Artakha MOC could look like with your mask:
Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 11.17.42 AM

2 Likes

Yee, it kinda does, did not have those in mind when designing this, tho but its still neat.

Also while making it I thought it looked a bit like sauron from lotr
SauronTheBrightLordMissionImage

2 Likes