A Message Regarding Recent Events

To all the people who got yelled at for saying the leaks were fake: Kool.

4 Likes

Is the set list with the creatures and everything fake? Sorry for a dumb question.

1 Like

The set list is real because it was on the German Amazon (IIRC), so yeah, those ones are real.

5 Likes

Well said, Meso. Honestly, I don’t know what happened with the community–usually, we’re pretty smart (as a whole), so I don’t understand why everyone just immediately assumed this was all true. Nekchir was just the same type of leaker we saw in the past; the community just blew it way out of proportion.

Oh well. I’m glad he didn’t fool me. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Alright, cool. I didn’t think the bionicle leaks were real, but the nexo knights one really hit me in the feels. I didn’t know they were tied together.

3 Likes

I don’t entirely disagree with you, but that would naturally be a very controversial decision to make. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

6 Likes

Yep. Seeing as how these boards are one of the only places that still allows leak discussion (heck, even EB is cracking down on 'em).

6 Likes

Yee. The leaks are great! (the real ones at least)

The community just needs to be a little more mature and approach them with a calm, careful mindset. Although, that’s easier said than done with such a young audience.

7 Likes

can i just say that, although she probably went about it the wrong way (spamming and being rude to other users), @VictorianPanda was right all along. (doesnt justify her actions which got her suspended though)

6 Likes

First of all, *she. Yep, she’s a girl.
I think there’re others who is suspicious of the leaks, though did not speak as loud as her.
Also, she did believe in the leak soon after, and joined the fierce Q&A session, as someone had argued. But I won’t deny that she was right at first. :relieved:

6 Likes

I was pretty close to writing a heated comment about how VictorianPanda was in the right, but I felt that I would get dinged for that crap broms.

1 Like

post has now been edited :grin:

5 Likes

I think the main reason this happened is because everybody wanted… something to talk about. oh well.

6 Likes

I really think that this is the solution to our problem if it ever happens again,thankyou for the speech @Mesonak

2 Likes

Well I feel kinda bad for getting sucked into it all, I just got on one day, there was a few hundred posts about new leaks. It was probably because I wasn’t there to see it come to light, so alwhen I saw it I kinda took it as fact…

…Also great speech Meso, you hit the nail on the head, at least or my experience with the matter…

3 Likes

Thanks for the speech Meso.

Court of law states “Innocent until proven Guilty” but as far as leaks go I think it should be “False until proven True” I know this is a little pessimistic, but the fact is that almost all people who post “leaks” turn out to be false. Don’t give in to hype. Don’t rely on your experience. Don’t trust anyone. People say believing leaks doesn’t harm them, but honestly it does. It makes us gullible and hurts our reputation and trust. We have to learn from our mistakes to advance.

6 Likes

I bet all of you, one day on the boards, someone will give leaked info that will be legit, but everyone dismisses it as fake after the Nekchir incident.

That’ll be funny.

9 Likes

I more or less neutral on the leaks being true or not.
There was nothing to really sway me either way.
I feel like the discussion did get out of hand.
Most of the topic was nearly 2000 spam posts and respect the mods and podcast members responsible for cleanup.

2 Likes

half of that was people complaining about spam

6 Likes

Yea, if people could stop making fake leaks, that’d be great

5 Likes