A new building technique i found that might improve your mocs

Well, it’s been a long time You may or may not know me but if you do so how remember me, I was the person who made the GWP Keetongu moc for the Lewa contest, but you might wonder what I’ve got to present you, well let me explain to you how I made it. So, one day I was trying to make a cape with paper for my Kopaka (G.1+ G.2) moc and well after I took the pictures and edit those pictures, I had a random thought about putting paper into the limbs of my G.1+G.2 toa Mata teams to make them look more lifelike I guess and this might improve Every moc that’s somewhat going for a realistic and robotic look For example here’s the Kopaka pictures:

Looks good for a cape, doesn’t it? Well look for what I did for the idea I had yesterday:

As you can see my G.1+G.2 Tahu moc there with torn up limbs but shouldn’t those limbs be on the floor and that Tahu would’ve been faceplanted onto the ground? well this is what I call Papertissue or Aka paperdecor.

As you can see here This is not editing this is being held up by the paper itself, this also can be used to make realistic limb dismemberment that means it’s a good thing for stop motion animators. So how to do it: it’s really simple you get these materials for Step 1: 1. Paper 2. scissors 3. tape 4. Bionicle’s 5. pencils Step 2. now you take your paper and Bionicle and you measure how long the Bionicle’s limb. Step 3. after you have done that add more paper length and wideness so that the paper doesn’t rip (this might take some time) Step 4. cut the paper and then wrap it around the unarmored limb. Step 5. tape the paper and test it (if it rips then start over again with different measurements) step 6. draw on your paper to give them a muscle tissue texture or anything. Step 7. then armor your Bionicle limb and place it onto your moc.

Well, I hope you people liked this discovery that I found and as well have a good evening, morning, night, etc. I’ll see you later.

6 Likes

Cool way of adding organic bits into models. Good stuff.

2 Likes

I, uh, don’t think most people will be cramming pieces of paper and strips of clear tape into their mocs for the, um… Y’know, I’m actually not sure what purpose this serves exactly. So you can rip your moc’s arm off at the elbow?

Plus, and while I suppose this is up to personal opinion, it just looks awful. It’s just pieces of paper taped to CCBS bones. And while utilizing printer paper might be very sufficient for a budget cape, stuffing them into Tahu’s joints so he can be viscerally dismembered and yet remain standing seems extremely inefficient for animators who could just build standalone CCBS assemblies to hold the disconnected limbs and have the supports edited out in post.

I’ve flagged this topic since I don’t believe this topic really needs to be a topic and could probably fit quite well as a normal post in the How-To: Moc Tutorials topic, or another category entirely. However regardless what staff decides to do with it I would recommend looking through the topic I just linked as there’s a wide collection of tips and tricks to help improve your mocs from a wide range of members.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: HowTo: MOC Tutorials