A TTV Boards Story TWO: Signups (Closed! Story has begun!)

Y’know, for the longest time I thought your avatar was a painting of a bird-person.

2 Likes

Why is this a problem? Medieval history is freaking fascinating, and not just because it’s when most fantasy takes place. I legitimately liked it before getting into Dungeons and Dragons. I wrote my Bachelor Thesis on the history of the Anglo-Saxons fighting against the Vikings before this current media viking craze was going on.

I’ve done Dungeons and Dragons taking place in Ancient Greece/Rome, and currently I’m doing a game based off of Ancient China.

5 Likes

Can I sign up in 2 stories at the same time (I’ve signed up in Traykar’s already)? Cause I want to be in books with both most powerful entities in the world - Mighty Good Guy and The High Emperor - and become most wanted in both empires.

I am a male human. I like science fiction, computers, laughing, and tearing down this false reality with spoons.
I’m ok with dying early, but if I’m going to down, I’m taking someone with me.
I usually use a pfp of The Joker because I know that we all live in a society.

3 Likes

ya’ll trying too hard

not medieval history

european medieval history.

It’s just so overdone.

1 Like

It’s almost like we live in the western world that was influenced by these medieval people groups who colonized the Americas and brought their stories with them. It is not overdone, you are just overexposed.

And even then, 90% of the time it is done absolutely inaccurately and lazily. There is beauty in the medieval european world. The problem is that people make it dull and grey, instead of light-hearted, cultured, colorful, and exciting.

3 Likes

the more you provide logical well thought out counterarguments the less I like you.

I’ve always run into the problem of people making it way to light hearted when life was like

reaaaallly tough for most people.

1 Like

Well, just defending my stance here.

Life is tough in any era. But life was no harder for the medieval man than it was the renaissance man or the ancient man. Considering the majority of human history, we actually have it easy here in the 21st century. (If we view things from purely a technological stance anyways. I’d argue we have the same societal problems.) Go back 200 years and life would scarcely be different for the medieval man and the Victorian man, besides newly developing technology. It is the modern person who is the anomaly.

Meanwhile, the medieval man had lots of joy, with songs and dancing and parties, as well as tragedy. There was death and heartbreak and hard work as well, but such things were viewed as natural and just a part of life. But you can still be light hearted in this! After all, are we not light-hearted in a technological world with clear corruption, death, high suicide rates, social injustices, etc. ? (Gonna stop there before it gets political.)

If you want to know history that is too freaking overdone, it is World War 2. I am quite tired of so much focus being on World War 2.

3 Likes

Welp, my bootleg got shut down for copyright infringement

6 Likes

I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but my DM wants to run a campaign based on Ancient Japan and China as well.

I think aside from Ancient Europe (particularly the histories of France, Germany, Spain, and England) the East has very rich history and mythologies that lends itself well to fantasy.

3 Likes

begone non forever DM

I really like more Arabian inspired campaigns. I have a setting sort of churning in the back of my mind.

Doesn’t apply anymore, I think.

Well then, I am going to treacherously join The Emperor. Sign me in.
That concept should not vanish purposeless, so I think I’ll use it here:
I am male. You can describe me without regarding my Profile picture, if you want to. I would like to be somewhat clever-but-weak character, if able. I would like to have some sort of cool weapon, if it will be ok. I would like to use 4 "if"s in a row every time I speak, if possible.

True, although as someone who knows a lot about WW2 I would say the problem is the repeated focus on only a few campaigns such as D-day or the daylight bombing campaigns. Even the pacific theatre hasn’t had a good movie.

Although if you’re looking for an actually good WW2 film I would recommend unbroken-it’s an amazing life story of a Olympic runner turned bombardier turned castaway turned POW.

4 Likes

I have seen it! Quite a good film.

2 Likes

but @prentice1215 or any other mods will either re-open it or allow another to be opened once the week is over, right?

Eh, probably not

can you do this kind of stuff on bzp?

I don’t actually care enough to try

2 Likes

Because you’re a nerd

nerd

that’s not nearly as cool as what I thought Sonus’ was

that’s an odd way to spell cemetery

7 Likes

Anyways am I gonna be able to eat strange goo, electrical wire, and cider in this story

3 Likes