Adaptive Toa Nuva

Based on a ten-year-old drawing, I was finally able to make these in Bricklink Studio!

The Toa Nuva with their adaptive armour in default form, often described as the shape and build of their original Nuva form in the colours of their 2008 sets, but never with an official image.

So here they are in excruciating detail; Part-for part they are a recreation of the 2002 sets but with 2008 style socket joints and Av-Matoran style feet and 2008 standard for technic parts, i.e. red and blue pins, grey axles etc. How the colour schemes of the Phantoka and Mistika sets are interpreted and incorperated into each set are unique from one to the next, but I tried to keep a logic from one to the next.

Here’s a brickshelf gallery including alternates with the two different types of silver on Bricklink (neither one is exactly the pearl silver from post-2006) And also pictures with their original Toa Tools for everyone except Onua (I haven’t been able to find a custom Quake-Breakers anywhere).

Individual images

View from behind

The custome made Nuva masks, tools, Nuva armour and heads come from a reddit post coutesy of u/Krakwyaka and u/aresnir.

36 Likes

Man, tahu looks real good in metru red

5 Likes

These look great! one thing I wish Lego had done when designing the adaptive armor versions of the toa would have been to make the color them more consistent, for example, lewa is lime green, I wish they would have made all the toa’s primary color their old accent color, so then tahu would be orange instead of pohatu.

3 Likes

Love it, especially Tahu and Lewa. Such a different look for them, and it works!

1 Like

Yes, I remember finding it weird, that and the fact that there weren’t all that many similar visual cues. I got the impression that most figures were fully designed first, and then assigned characters afterward.

1 Like

Yknow, I’m not sure how to feel about this.