AFOLs, TFOLs, KFOLs, And A Host Of Others

seems like itā€™d be really broad. We already have more specific topics for discussing gundum and bionicle and whatnot, so I think itā€™d be unnecessary.

you know what? (well first, youā€™re right) but we need some form of census on this board. i would honestly like to see the ratio of tfols to afols to sfols (senior fans of lego), males to females, and the most common secondary (or primary) interests. how would they do that? who knows. not me, for sure.

2 Likes

I guess a poll would be a decent start. (Maybe if it was made the header, a good amount of people would do it?)

yeah, probably. no matter what way it was done, i would say someone of importance would need to be behind it, like a master or something, just to make sure itā€™s completely okay in case thereā€™s some secret rule that only mods and ttv members know about that says no censuses.
(looks at your ranking)
well your job now ima dip
(literally explodes)

1 Like

If nobody else does it in the next while, Iā€™ll probably make one.

just so you guy know, and so we can get back on topic, this absolute madlad made it.
https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/the-probably-unofficial-ttv-boards-census
back to talking about sfols (senior fans of :leg:)

1 Like

i just realized that he put it in his bio

so this is actually a thing now

2 Likes

more happy that it seems iā€™ll have a lasting impact on the community (in the form of a new commonly used term) than entertained, honestly

Two most obvious disparities in that vote are Creator (way more popular with AFOLā€™s than TFOLā€™s) and Chima/Nexo Knights (which are way more popular with TFOLā€™s than AFOLā€™s).

I would have voted Chima if the story had been good because I wasnā€™t against the ā€œtalking animalā€ premise that plenty of others were. But the line itself didnā€™t deliver, unfortunately.

Bit surprised Star Wars is less popular with AFOLā€™s, apparently, but there you go.

1 Like

I thought the actual sets were pretty neat, at least aesthetically and in terms of playability.

2 Likes

They definitely could have been worse - they had a nice feel to them, and they had a nice consistent design that was pretty good. But Iā€™d of liked them to find more ways to say ā€œthis is a Lion vehicleā€ without it being ā€œGIANT LION FACEā€ on the front every time. :stuck_out_tongue:

You have animal people! You can do so much more than just paint human vehicles like animals. Stuff like Speedorz was at least a bit different - like a motorbike but not really, and they added to the worldbuilding. Would have been nice if the big-scale sets tried a similar thing.

1 Like

I always saw that as BEING the consistent design.

And I loved it.

1 Like

Late, by why so definite? Iā€™m an AFOL and my first ever set was a Racer.

To the previous post: precise observations. But sadly not so many people voted, so it is hard to tell actually. I find it interesting that Exo-Force is so popular, with both categories. Also, Technic is surprisingly high in TFOL category, even though it is kinda ā€œcomplexā€ theme.

About Chima: Lion Royal Tanks and ā€œLennoxā€™s Lion Attackā€ also had claws and wheels/treads kinda resembled legs. Lion boats does not have Lion faces. Also, Lion Vehicles are not the best example: Eagles, Crocodiles, Gorilas and Ravens have vehicles that are basically mechanical animals (Command Ship is for the most part) with legs, wings, tails and whatnot. So personnaly, I am really satisfied with Chimaā€™s sets. But there were flaws, many flawsā€¦

That doesnā€™t make it a validly major enough theme.

Weā€™re talking about the same list that had ā€œTime Chasersā€ on it, no? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well to be fair Racers did run longer than bionicle as a theme (2002-2012 if you discount xalax and promotional polybags), resulting in over 200 sets. Iā€™d argue that could be considered major enough.

3 Likes

Legally Iā€™m an AFOL now.

2 Likes