Ahi, Guardian of Lava (V3)

It looks really good! You managed to build it with normal Lego and Bionicle parts which is always good, It still has a working gear function, the mask, Oh boy, that mask looks amazing. The colours of the MOC flow well and the weapon looks cool. The only problem I have with it is that from what I can see it seems to be a bit short, but that’s only a minor thing. Overall, this is a great MOC!

1 Like

Perfection.

words can not explain wow good this moc is 10/10

I really like the use of prints!

1 Like

Well, if you are a lava elemental that is afraid of water, its pretty handy.

Not sure what gave you that impression, but he actually does not have a gear function. The wheels and gears are just for show. :disappointed: Thanks, though!

Interesting. He is actually taller than most of my Toa-scale MOCs. I guess I do normally build on the small side, though.

Thanks, everyone! Glad you guys like it!

This is fantastic! I love all the techniques used!

I really need to learn how to make MoCs like this…

The lava motif is wonderfully presented here. The weapon especially displays it well, like lava is drizzling from one end of the weapon to the other.

The arms seem a little stubby, as do the legs, but spectacular otherwise.

Oh what a lovely coincidence!

(an early version of my MOC had the same mask too)
Pretty cool stuff you have here! Some of the things like the gap on the knees and the silver fingers bug me, and I recommend you making the arms have open ball joints instead of locked so you have more realistic articulation.
The torso is also a bit blocky, but some other things like the way those parts are attached to the socket on the upper legs is pretty clever, the gears mimicking a gearbox is also a nice touch too.

You are able to use system…so well…

I envy you.

Great stuff as always!

Yes, I thought that the wheel thing on the back was a gear :I

I now realise that I thought it was quite short because I was looking at the photo with his knees bent as I was typing the message :expressionless:

This looks fantastic, I 100% love it. Pretty much 0 complaints.

Ha! That’s pretty cool. Great minds… use the same Maori words for fire/lava elementals. I have actually had this character around for close to two years now. I am kind of surprised I never saw yours honestly. Anyways, I like your different take on a similar concept. Thanks!

'The are actually grey, which fits with the sections on his back and the little bits on his chest.

That’s a good idea! I should try that! It would be really tricky with the way the armor is attached, but I will see what I can do.

2 Likes

Nice. Energy sabre is a plus.

Nice MOC! Personally, I think the sword looks a little too flimsy, especially to be called a ‘buster sword’, but looks good overall. My favourite part’s gotta be his colour-scheme. Really nice colour-blocking.

Love it! Especially that sword!

Very nicely constructed. Love the colors and that sword is incredible. Great work!

I was able to update the arms today with the open ball joints. I also repositioned his right pauldron and replaced the black sprockets with smaller gears. He poses a lot better now than he did before. That also solves the issue of short arms. Thanks guys!

1 Like

I still love that sword, it’s incredible. :smiley:

Wow, great job! Tho… only four abs? D: