AKA Jonathan Juan (Ask Kahi Anything)

Have you ever watched Arby 'n the Chief? If not have you seen anything by JonCJG?

Hey Jon! Could you give some advice and tips for starting a podcast? Specifically, What kind of equipment and programs are critical to produce exceptional content, and, what were some of the biggest challenges you’ve encountered as a podcast host?

1 Like

I guess so. I think a lot of people’s opinions on the film will change when the trilogy is completed.

I have! Meso made me watch it in exchange for Firefly.

We used programs to record Stereo Mix or our Skype calls in the past. Var has a great guide to microphones if you want it. But the key to a good podcast is having good hosts that know how to play off of each other. Having a great personality and knowing how to carry a podcast is something that is half experience and half having great people working with you. Sometimes you just need time to work through it, sometimes you’ll need to realize that your group just won’t cut it. Knowing the difference will make or break your podcast.

I don’t listen to any of our episodes before Episode 90. So it might take a while.

2 Likes

Heh, that’s awesome. Thank you so much for the tips! I’d love to see Var’s guide if you wouldn’t mind…what would be the best way to check that out?

What did ya think of it? Also, Arby, or Ch!3f?

It’s a topic here on the Boards. You can find any topic by typing a few keywords into the search bar:

2 Likes

It should have ended when it ended. What it is now is just too…experimental and artsy, and not enough balance of humor and plot.

I’m an Arby fan.

2 Likes

I agree, the new season didn’t really catch my interest for the most part, but the ending of Triple Fault was the best twist in my opinion, bringing back the humor as it did.

How impressed are you with the Brickonicle entries thus far?

Are you a fan of Young Justice? I just finished it, and I love it.

Have you gotten any of the Star Wars constraction figures? If so, which ones, and are they any good?

Actually very impressed. I’m big on presentation, and a lot of people here have been killing it.

I’m a huge fan of Young Justice, have been since the day it came out. Seriously loving the fact that it’s back.

I got Rey, because Daisy Ridley is bae. She’s alright. General Grevious is the best, hands down. Obi-Wan was okay too. K-2SO is pretty great, but I haven’t actually bought him. All hearsay. Rule of thumb is that if it’s a robot, it’s definitely better than the humans.

5 Likes

As a followup, what characters do you think should be added for the new season? Personally I’d love to see Red Hood.

Jon have you seen the result of the old xbox1 fundraser? I’m trying to watch every TTV episode, and on 138 and 139 (I have yet to watch like 3-99 still through) I heard the story of the campaign, and so I clicked on the link and this came up; I love it.
https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/buy-me-an-xbox-er-i-mean-empower-minorities
under review by the trust and safety team haha

Edit: I just reached episode 141, so never mind, sorry to bother you, but I just thought it was funny.

Do you know any good stand alone Batman stuff? I want to get into comics more but I don’t want to read every other story to understand what’s going on in the one thing I’m reading.

I’d love to see the Teen Titans crew show up. Trigon would be a good addition. Damian would be really fun to see. Donna Troy, she’d be great to see.

There’s some good standalone stuff for Batman. The Killing Joke is great because you just need a general knowledge of Batman to read it, it’s fantastically written and it’s very short. For longer ones, Hush and the Long Halloween are some of my favorites.

2 Likes

Are you interested in the revival of Samurai Jack?

2 Likes

Have you listened to The Fold’s “Moving Past” and if so, what are your thoughts? This is the band that did the Ninjago theme song, and I listened to this album of theirs, and I really liked it.

Hey @Jon ever heard about The True First Superhero?

Do you like comics?

1 Like

So I have been watching one of the older batman aninated series (the one from '92) and I have been very surprised! Based off some of the recend DC flops movies I had forgotten how great a lot of the older DC stuff was. It was all quite amazing.
Now as TTV’s resident comic expert I assume you’ve seen this series so I what like to ask what your favorite part of it was and how much you did you enjoy it? My particular favorite is the scene where Alfred was trying to teach young master leperchaun.