American vs British Sport

Which is your favourite to watch and why?

I go for American sports: Football and Cricket bore the heck out of me, Rugby Union is slow and boring. However, Rugby League is my favourite sport in the world. American Football is great IMO, Basketball is very good. Baseball makes me sleep. Ice Hokey isn’t bad.

So your thoughts if you’re willing to give them?

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t care for sports, but I usually call “soccer” football which is soccer’s British name, since american football doesn’t exist to me.

1 Like

British sports are a lot better. American football is just dudes beating the heck out of each other to throw a ball into a y shape, and the other sports are pretty good, but nothing like Brtish sports. The real football is 10 times better and cricket is one of my favorite sports.

1 Like

What?

Probably because it evolved from rugby

From my understanding of foot ball, you take the ball (it’s not even a ball why call it that) and run across a field throwing people out of your way to toss the “ball” into the goal. Is that not how it works.

1 Like

[quote=“BBricks, post:5, topic:34620, full:true”]
From my understanding of foot ball, you take the ball (it’s not even a ball why call it that) [/quote]

Well a ball can be any shape so it is

Not quite, the aim is to either complete a pass in the endzone, or run it in, which is ironically called a touchdown (stupid name since it doesn’t have to touch the ground). The goal is just for kicks

Actually you want to run the ball to the endzone, the uprights are for kicking

I like Hockey, it’s a great sport

1 Like

But why should someone watch sports when you can practice them?

Anyway I think sports are always “international”, so I can’t answer.

2 Likes

I play lacrosse and it’s pretty great. I dunno if it is played in other parts of the world. :thinking:

Also it’s the only game I can enjoy watching. Everything else is kinda boring IMO…

2 Likes

Soccer is terrible when single players try to brute force themselves through three defenders and when neither team is competent enough to initiate and waste everyone’s time with a staring contest. I can only find enjoyment in the sport by looking at the formations and how teams build their offences and defences.

1 Like

American football used to use normal shaped balls when they used pig bladders to make them, but when they started using rubber it made the ball more areo-dynamic and easier to kick.

1 Like

I like watching hockey and lacrosse, baseball can be entertaining when you’re at a game. Cross country is fun to participate in and surprisingly fun to spectate when you’re invested in some of the runners. Ultimate is just plain fun (and the one sport I’m actually sort of good at).

2 Likes

I don’t usually watch sports besides swimming (only because I’m a swimmer), but I went to a hockey game once and it was pretty fun.

if you play lacrosse i’ll probably laugh at you

/s

1 Like

I prefer battlebots. More entertaining than any sport in existence.

1 Like

Good old Austrailan Cricket

1 Like

Curling is the best sport

1 Like

I’m a big fan of both cricket and basketball

1 Like

isn’t ice hockey a canananananadian thing tho

Nope.

Lacrosse is a dangerous sport, I have a friend who plays, the contact is a lot scarier than in hockey

It’s just one of our national sports, we don’t claim exclusive rights to playing it

2 Likes